Sunday 24 January 2021

From PaulSS: 10e Companie 6e d'Artillerie a Pied (90pts)

 After the slight Orc diversion it's back onto the Napoleonics with a battery of French six pounder cannons representing the 10th Company of the 6th Foot Artillery that was attached to Donzelots 2nd Division of d'Erlons I Corps at the Battle of Waterloo.


I already have 10 Perry Miniatures guns painted for the French, so this battery is really more a case of me wanting to try out the Victrix offerings, this battery was made using the Napoleonic French Artillery 1812 to 1815 set. 

Although all things considered, as I now play representing a battery with four guns another set of these will bring me up to a strength of four batteries.


Like all the Victrix kits they are really nicely done, but this one was rather fiddly to put together and there was quite a bit of mold line to clean up, but I think that the final effect is worth the effort and they come out rather nice.


Twelve 28mm figures and three guns will add 90 points to my total.

28mm Napoleonics Duel Totalizer: 14 mounted, 66 foot, 3 guns

21 comments:

  1. These look very nice Paul! Although difficult to paint at times artillery units always look great if done well like these.

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Christopher, I agree, I always seem to get a mental block with the, but once done I do wonder what I was worried about.

      Delete
  2. They look great Paul. I like the Victrix sets but I find them fiddly to assemble and more fragile than Perry sets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Peter, but still preferable to the Warlod Plastics

      Delete
  3. Paul, well done. They look superb.

    BruceR

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a high level of productivity and so well painted.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Splendid looking French artillery!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look marvelous, Paul, perfect for pounding British, Prussians, Dutch or Hanoverians in equal measure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely job, they look very intimidating and I can only imagine how scary they were to face in the field...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Phew, Napoleonics I feel safe again 😁 great set of guns, look great all together
    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete