Sunday 24 January 2021

from RayR - Donnybrook - 25mm Ottoman Command 25pts

  


My new project has finally been started!
25mm Ottoman Turks and Yes they're for Donnybrook!


These are quite obviously some Command and standards, who I thought, would be a great start.


The figures and flags are from the most excellent Warfare Miniatures. 
To be total honest I'm not an expert on the Ottomans at all so back in 2019, I asked Mr Hilton to work out some Donnybrook army lists for me, which he did. 
Then he offered these lists out for customers to buy.


So these 5 figures are the start of my Donnybrook, 4 point Ottoman infantry army.


Here's what my army will be made from

Ottoman Infantry Force

Unit if Elite Jannissaries armed with flintlock muskets 4 models
Unit of Drille Tufeckci musketeers arned with matchlock muskets 8 models
Unit of Recruit Segban musketters armed with matchlock muskets 12 models
Unit of Recruit Irregulars - Anatolian or Balkan with improvised handweapons 12 models


Easy one for the points in this post.
5 x 25mm figures = 25 points

29 comments:

  1. Splendid looking Ottomans! How exciting to hear your starting this army, I've just been looking at them on the TAG site, very tempting!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're a very colourful army! So its Donnybrook Ottomans for you as well then Iain?

      Delete
  2. Lovely flags and command stands! Very colourful

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful figures and flags, Ray. What's the source for the flags? (There's a relevant book that may be of interest to you I briefly reviewed for Miniature Wargames. PM me for the review, if you want it.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes please Noel, can't seem to find your email address. I know I had it???

      Delete
  4. Lovely work Ray. I really enjoy the mix of colors you put into the figures. Well done!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chris. Its the Ottomans idea not mine.

      Delete
  5. Those are really lovely Ray. Wonderful standards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great work, sneaky to get the Hilton chap to do you leg work. I approve, one day you will be senior management

    ReplyDelete
  7. These colourful figures will be an excellent addition to Donnybrook!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This may seem a bit odd but I love the hex bases. I am using them for any skirmish system that isn't hard on basing (and most aren't).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And why not too? I'm only using them for command figures. The Rejects are a funny bunch, If I didn't, they wouldn't know who was who........especially Lee H!

      Delete
  9. You've stolen another march on me Ray. Now you're doing in my period! Really, well done mate. They look superb.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Curt, they're a great army to paint up.

      Delete
  10. Excellent Stuff - thumbs up Jez

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great looking minis, though I'm shocked to hear that you plan to use them for Donnybrook.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A spot of Donnybrook makes a Challenge, nice to see 👍

    ReplyDelete