Saturday 9 January 2021

From SanderS: Battletech testfigures (15 points)

 Hoi,

On my to-do-pile for this Challenge are quite a lot of Mechs for Battletech. This game remains my go-to wargame since pretty much 18 years ago when I started out seriously gaming. The game has been transferred from producer to producer over the years and has now been into the hands of Catalyst Game Labs and they have recently re-issued the line with some top-notch sets. The new beginners box and basic boxed set both have full plastic figures which are absolutely excellent figures that even have a decent heft to them for those who like their mechs in metal (as I myself do). Even more recently CGL has put up a Clan Invasion Kickstarter and wave 1 of said crowdfunder has arrived to provide me with loads of excellent miniatures. The first of these I have now painted up for some of my factions.

So without further ado here are a trio of testers. 


First up is an Archer painted in the colours of the famous Northwind Highlander Mercenary regiment. I think I will do the base military drab colour a bit lighter to better show off the patches of tartan that are on there. 

 





Second is a Sky Tiger Stable Solaris VII Valkyrie mech. These are not combat units but a "stable" is a sports-team that fights in the Arena's of Solaris as part of the great Mech-gladiatorial games.






 Last is a Clan Jade Falcon Assault Executioner mech. The Jade Falcons are my favourite faction but I am swithcing paint scheme with these new figures by adding the yellow spot colours. For those of you who know the game: my period of interest for the game are 3025 up to 3070 ish. I do not like the Johad era and neither do I like the latest Il-Clan period in which the Falcons are portrayed as the ultimate bad guys. It appears to be my lot in gaming to choose the faction that's must picked upon in many games: Dark Angels for 40K/ CJF for Battletech.

But nevermind that here's the mech.




Now points-wise these chaps are huge robots in 1:285 scale but in real life resemble a 28mm

figure in height so let's say 15 points?

Cheers Sander

 

 

 

 

 

25 comments:

  1. Battle tech is one of the only games I’ve actually managed to not play.... the musical chairs of producers had me too wary. These look great though, I like the two tone one best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fair enough and thanks for the kind words mate!

      Delete
  2. No idea what they are but they're splendid looking robots!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Iain, I will try to explain CBT a bit more in a future post.

      Delete
  3. Never played with Mechs, but always loved the look of them! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah Battletech, now that’s ultra-nerdy. Does it use less tables than it used to?

    While the May be big chaps they’re quite simple, so I’m happy to score as 28mm minis.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the green chap! Nice painting Sander.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice Tech figures and weathered painting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it's a bit of a steep learning curve weathering these figures like this.

      Delete
  7. I've never had the chance to try Battletech, but have always wanted to. Fantastic work on the mechs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well it's one of those games that are easy to learn yet hard to master and it really helps to have read some of the fluff before gaming it therefore it's not for everyone I guess. But if you're ever in a position to try do give it a go!

      Delete
  8. I love that you still play Battletech Sander. So old school. These look fantastic. I especially like the turquoise and white livery. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Curt, CBT is still very much alive and has a huge international following. More is sure to follow!

      Delete
  9. They’ve come out really well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome looking mechs, I like the Solaris gladiator. As for being picked on in games, I chose Smoke Jaguar when I started playing, but before reading all of the background. :(

    For anyone who wants to try Battletech, I recommend the 2018 PC game available on Steam. It's a good intro to the game/setting.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Battletech has always been big at the club i go to, great to see these figures come to life

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looking good. Love that scale and these mechs are painted very very nicely. Well done. cheers

    ReplyDelete