Saturday 9 January 2021

From TomM: The Larder: Farmer Maggot (41 pts)

As we prepare ourselves to decent towards the second level of the Chambers of Challenge, it is time to gather some supplies.



I had found a nice heap of crops, with pumpkins and cucumbers as big as an arm, when suddenly wild barking emerged out of the darkness...

For the next of my entries, the Larder, I painted up some more models from Games Workshop range of Hobbits.  Namely Farmer Maggot and his fierce dogs Grip, Fang and Wolf.



In game, they are as viscious as the forces of The Shire can get, and I thought him the perfect match for this chamber as he protects his crops from wary adventurers... or pesky Hobbits setting out on one!

I also printed up a piece of crop for this entry, just to round it all out a bit better with the theme.


And now, we are going to decent into the second level of rooms for this year's challenge!

 Points wise it are 4 figures of 28mm, so that being 20, with an added 1 point for the crops (I estimated they are about the same as the pittraps I did earlier this challenge), and 20 from the room for a total of 41 points to the tally! 

Not bad for a failed raid on a salad!

10 comments:

  1. Great looking pieces. I think I’ll see what growing in the next farm over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good looking farmer and canine friends!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Tom! Those are some mighty Pumpkins

    ReplyDelete
  4. Scored! Impressive veg, he should enter those in competitions.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a mighty looking cucumber!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wouldn't go near these pumpkins!!
    Great work :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maggot should be guarding those as they probably could take big prizes at the hort show. :) Great work Tom!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really nice work on the farmer and his loyal companions.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like Farmer Maggot and his crop is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely group of figures Tom 👍
    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete