Saturday 9 January 2021

PaulS: The shrine guardians (65 points)

 Fleeing the slavering beasts we stumble into a dark cavern of a different sort... full of jumbled technology and thousands upon thousands of candles. Amongst the candles are ragged individuals praying to a corpse god who they have never met, who sits upon a throne on the other side of the galaxy

The Golden Sons are a Cawdor gang for Necromunda, part of my own personal challenge this year to paint up a starter list for each gang. I wanted some variation from the standard Cawdor, so I've mixed some of the old Empire flagellant bits in here to create some juves and a more... fire-y head for their leader


This adds another 9 figures to the GW side challenge as well as marking the 4th room complete on level 2...


12 comments:

  1. Those are excellent Paul! I've been eyeing the Cawdor gang off for awhile myself but haven't gotten around to it yet. The use of Empire flagellant bits is very clever indeed, thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It also solves some of the issues with the limited selection of hand weapons for Cawdor in the box. I've got a couple more on the workbench using the back banners for Cawdor icon bearers as there is no official models for those

      Delete
  2. Lovely looking gang! Smart use of the flagellant,straying towards redemptionists,but that makes sense!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not a massive step from pious Cawdor to zealot Redemptionist. If the redemptionists get re-released I suspect a similar colour scheme will be used so that I can have crossover between gangs

      Delete
  3. These are ace, love the jaunty yellow take on Cawdor, and nice subtle kitbashing. Point tabulated.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful looking gang! Terrific painting Paul!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would like to try some Cawdor! I see three skullz.

    ReplyDelete
  6. More nice work here! The red and yellow colour scheme works well for these fellows

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooh Necromunda! I will put them on the list for next year's Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great work. I love the impractical/homemade weapons in the Cawdor arsenal, it gives them a very unique style.

    ReplyDelete
  9. No idea what I'm looking at but its cool 👍
    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete