Thursday 18 March 2021

From MartinC Stick a Fork in Me, I'm Done (100pts)

 So the end is near and this is my final post for the challenge. Once again it's been a fab way to spend a winter. The posts and community have as always been amazing, the challengers choice will be a bugger this year, when was it not. Thanks to Curt and the minions for all their hard work and a special mention to Tamsin, the world's greatest air steward without an plane.

I have painted 2 WW1 armies, an unexpected Vietnam project (I've talked DaveD into this so I expect I will need millions more and play on a 20ft by 6ft table), a 3-D map I'm absolutely loving (thank you Mr Roundwood), some other stuff, I failed to complete the chambers of challenge (which is a pity cos it was a great idea, but I'm running out of random fugures to paint) and I made a start on the actual planned army for the challenge, 10mm Renaissance Italian Wars. 

It therefore seems appropriate to end on them


2 regiments of stradiots

There are no stats for these in KoW so I will have to make some

Regiment of mounted crossbowmen. 

Troop of crossbowmen

2 regiments of crossbowmen. These need pavaises but not got any. On the shopping list

And finally 2 knights command stands

Score on the final door

40x10mm infantry = 40pts
30x 10mm cavalry = 60pts
total = 100pts

Hope to see you all at Hammeread in July, drinks in the Prince Rupert, curry and a comedy amount of shopping

Martin




17 comments:

  1. Splendid looking renaissance troops and a great all round challenge!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent work! I'm an idiot for stradiots. It's always a pleasure to have you with us Martin. I very much enjoyed all your projects, especially the Vietnam and geology themed ones. A great challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Curt, i almost forgot about Mary Anning

      Delete
  3. Quitter ....

    We need a proper big table fir Vietnam obviously... just remember you started it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great looking Renaissance troops and a staggering output throughout the challenge. Well done Martin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Stuart. I do paint quickly, I have few other distractions outside work

      Delete
  5. A very fine final submission. I must say I'm running out of gas also - it has been a pleasure chasing you on the leader board!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you. As always our race has been fun. You are again on my shoulder as we round the final bend

      Delete
  6. Perfect way to finish, Martin. As always, a pleasure to be rubbing shoulders with you - although, as I've been trailing behind you most of this challenge, perhaps it's not your shoulders I've been rubbing. Agh! Doesn't bear thinking about.
    Hopefully will make it to Hammerhead, and maybe run across you there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, your flights of fancy have been a joy to read. Hopefully see you at Hammerhead

      Delete
  7. Congratulations, Martin, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not sure if I believe that you’re done. Excellent body of work this year Martin. I’ve really liked seeing these Italian Wars stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. cheers. I'm definitely done. the last figures (the ounted crossbow men) are very ropey

      Delete
  9. Well done mate, what a great way to finish.

    ReplyDelete