Thursday 18 March 2021

LeeH - Lair of the Spider - Spider Scorpion

The description for this penultimate chamber in the Chambers of Challenge says that the aforementioned spider has been scared off by something worse. Well, I think a Spider Scorpion can definitely be described as worse! This fearsome critter is as creepy as a spider but with an added reason to be wary. Both insects give me the creeps at the best of times, but combined this model was a challenge just painting it.


This is a Ral-Partha figure that I picked up on eBay some time ago. It has been sitting - no, Lurking - in my lead pile ever since just waiting for a chance to pounce. The tail is cast separately and I had to do a bit of work to make the joint fit properly before glueing it together with a strong Epoxy glue to give it some resilience. 



I have a confession to make though, this wasn't my first choice for this room. I have a large Beholder model that I was going to use here and I got as far as priming the figure but I couldn't face it (no pun intended). Despite looking forward to painting it for the last thirteen weeks, when it's time came Eye just couldn't find the motivation (pun definitely intended). Thankfully the Spider Scorpion was waiting in my lead pile to replace it. So there it is, I have battled my way through the Chambers of Challenge and now I stand before the Snowlords alter awaiting instructions. What devilish tribute will be demanded of me I wounder? 

(Scoring: 1x28mm Monster + CoC Bonus = 25 Points)

4 comments:

  1. Great old school creepy crawler Lee. I’m not sure I could look a beholder in the eye while painting it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have my final challenge from the Snowlord under way now but I have to admit that ticking clock at the top right of the page is freaking me out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nasty looking beast! Nice work!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete