Thursday 18 March 2021

From RobP: 8 28mm Dark Ages Irish- 40 pts

 My final entry of my rookie season in the AHPC is 8 Irish warriors from Crusader Miniatures.

I bought 4 pts of painted Irishmen a few years ago for Saga- never used them. The batch was a mx of Footsore and Crusader figures; I really liked the Crusader figures for warriors so I bought 8 more this past fall.
Great figures to paint; the faces and hair are really well done; very little prep involved.
Some of the eyes are a bit 'squinty' and the javelins I have a are a little light to fit in the hands so I had fill in around the palms with putty so they weren't to loose. Consequently, they look a bit like they are wearing oven mitts.
There are only 4 poses available so I ended up with doubles; not a huge deal as far as I am concerned.

This is my final entry for the AHPC this year, and at 40 pts this takes me over my rather shallow bar of 300 pts with 20 to spare. Thank you everyone for all your encouragement and kind comments over the past 3 months and, of course, thanks especially to Curt and the Minions for keeping this show on the road.


8 comments:

  1. Oh, these look excellent Rob, and I really like your groundwork as well. It's been wonderful to have you along with us and I'm delighted that you achieved your points target. Well done Rob.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Semi-clothed Irish lads wearing oven mitts and armed with spears... yeah, that's taking skirmishing to a new level, Rob! These are terrific, though. I really like the colours you've used - perfect for those ambushes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done for achieving your target, Rob! Let's hope we'll see more figures like these this time next year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi just posting to say I also really like these - especially as with Matt we play Impetus Dark Ages - I have Norman and Anglo Dane armies and Matt Vikings and now Scots and also know he is looking at expanding to Irish - these would be perfect! Thumbs up Jez

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like your earthy tones here, these are great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great rookie year and great looking Irish. I might have to get some of these...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely looking Irish and well done on hitting your target!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice colour scheme on these. Well done.

    ReplyDelete