Thursday 18 March 2021

From Guy B: [The Shrine] Come all ye faithful... [35 points]

A quick one now. Here are three holy gentlemen I decided to paint up. Each is relevant to an army I'm currently collecting (I was determined not to paint up something just because I needed to for the challenge).


Firstly we have a preacher, who is destined to join my Scots Covenanters and inspire them into battle, if he can stop reading and see where he's going... His bible is, of course, a King James VI. 


Next to our preacher is a leveller, who would see commoners and nobles equal in law (the horror!). He has his 'Agreement of the People' pamphlet tucked into his hat. Finally, as we are a multi-faith shrine, we have an Iman, ready to lead his brethren in prayer. Allah be praised! I would have liked to do a druid but ran out of time. 

The models are Warlord (ECW models) and Gripping Beast (Iman). I make that 15 points, plus the bonus. I hope you like them as much as I enjoyed painting them.


6 comments:

  1. They look great- I've always liked the Warlord rabble rouser.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super-supplicating, Guy! They look excellent, and are sure to inspire a vibrant and coin-heavy after-sermon collection plate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If these guys walk into a bar we got a joke coming on....
    Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Splendid looking religious trio!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great looking set of figures. Nice work

    ReplyDelete