Tuesday 11 January 2022

From MartinC - Even More Lizardmen (312pts)

 So this is the last of my lizardmen from now (I've painted all the ones I have and time for change of direction). They have been a joy to paint.


First up another regiment of 16 skinks with spears. The whole army has a very Aztec feel and so most of the weapons in the army are not steel but bronze, stone or wooden




These guys have the standard green and yellow colour scheme with bightly coloured shields



Next another 13 skinks to complete a regiment. Same deal as the previous


Next up are 2 skinks on microtyrannosaurs. The skinks are converted from the Sundereded Studio figures and the dinosaurs from the Honourable Lead Boiler Suit Company (although they have now stopped selling them).


I say converted, I found figures that would fit on the back of the dinos and removed their loin cloths


Next up another species of lizard with red and orange crests.


These guys have tortoise shell shields and I really like them


Next up are 12 huge lizard men. These are 40mm figures and look exactly like Godzilla. I gave them a brown colour scheme with bronze shields and weapons. Using KoW these would be 4 regiments and are equivalent to Ogres or Trolls 


I have acquired a couple of Frostgrave Cobramen and these will join the army as heros and wizards


Finally the whole army so far. Almost all were painted during the challenge


These 4 weren't, the turtle wizard is from Mr Lees, the Albertosaurus with the Howdah is from the Honourable Lead Boiler Suit Co. and the orange Microtyrannosaur was prepainted by Mark Copplestone and bought via North Star, it's very cool.



Looking at the army there are some gaps with the number of figures not really matching the number of regiments. Within my group there is a legendary box of unpainted lizardmen from Warhammer V2. These have now been found and have fallen to me and I will paint them up later in the challenge when I get them.

So the scores on the doors

41 x 25mm infantry = 205
2 x 25mm cav = 20
12 x 40mm infantry = 84
3 standards = 3
total = 312pts.

Next up I think Sci Fi

Martin


Well, I hadn't even looked at this post when I made the joke about Martin "kicking up a skink". Fantastic work on these and it's great to see the army (so far) on parade. I'm sure we'll all look forward to seeing the WH V2 ones painted up later on in the Challenge.

Tamsin

28 comments:

  1. I really like the "unit markings" on the Albertosaurus, a great idea, which I might get inspired by. :) Good looking army painted in almost no time at all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, love thecmarkings but do make it look like a ww2 british fighter plane

      Delete
    2. Yes it does, but I don't know if it is entirely a bad thing.

      Delete
  2. A veritable blizzard of lizards Martin! Excellent work and the whole horde looks awesome all lined up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The micro T-Rex are my favourite of this lot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The skinks are pretty cool😎

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous! I'll miss seeing you add to this army. Such great colour and character. Actually, you need to find a nice hulking Slaan to be their Big Daddy and Supreme Overlord. C'mon, you know you want one. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I do. I need a guy on a litter. I know where there is one

      Delete
  6. You're smashing through these figures Martin. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Martin this is a brilliant entry and I love the Aztec theme. I love to imagine them charging out of the jungle and driving Cortez and his conquistadors back to their ships, never to return. Bravo.
    Cheers, MikeP

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I agree about Cortez and may have to buy some now

      Delete
  8. Gosh you have been productive

    cheers
    Matt

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good to see the lizardmen come together, great work.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cracking work Martin. I love the way the warriors blend into the basing, so evocative of their stealthy jungle feel.

    ReplyDelete
  11. your army is growing rapidly indeed, can't wait to see what you come up with next.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome lizard army! Lovely!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's one he'll of a log of lizard men, top job building the army 👏

    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good work, I like the basing.

    ReplyDelete