Tuesday 11 January 2022

From MartinC - Sarah's Yacht to the Death Star (60pts)

 I thought I'd make Tasmin's life a bit trickier today so a second of 3 posts today. I need to get to the Death Star, I have a delivery of mesh to fit over an airduct. The glitch list is massive on this job, I'll never make a profit.

To support my work I am taking a section of the Daughters of Gaia, they've come from the Bad Squiddo planet and have taken ages to get here.



I don't paint Sci Fi figures very often, don't really understand the colour schemes and still don't

They are nice figures, a little busy but very stylised
They have a punk style so I gave them all mad hair.

I have more Sci Fi to paint but not feeling it at the moment so will find something else to paint this week, I have loads to paint

Scores on the doors
8x28mm inf = 40
Sarah's Yacht bonus = 20

total = 60pts

Right, off to write the next post



I do love the look of those Daughters of Gaia - lovely stuff, Martin! On to the Death Star for you!

Tamsin



35 comments:

  1. Like the hair choices on this lot of stuff SciFi ladies Martin. As far as I can tell there often isn’t a colour scheme for SciFi figures or you get to make up your own.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, invented colour schemes just not my forte

      Delete
  2. Nice work Martin. Nobody in a sci-fi setting has normal hair anyways...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You could try using some historical color schemes on scifi minis, if that makes it easier. But these are fine, no problem here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The next set are beige and green, look like plumbers

      Delete
  4. They must have a heck of a time keeping up with those roots - no wonder they look so angry! Terrific colour choices!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never thought of that, good point. Thanks

      Delete
  5. Haha! I think the Empire may rue sourcing these contractors. Great work mate - a cacophony of colour! I love seeing you stretch outside your comfort zone.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very colourful Martin. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That Death Star, eh? Design flaws always happen when something is rushed into service. Pretty sure I saw your minis in an old MTV rock video. Well done.
    Cheers, MikeP

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always get 3 estimates. The rock band is a great spot

      Delete
  8. Very colourful looking group. I think you nailed the SF look.

    ReplyDelete
  9. good job on those Martin

    cheers
    Matt

    ReplyDelete
  10. an inspired choice of hair-dos or weir-dos doos? I don't know butthe figures are great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice looking Daughters of Gaia sir! The wild rainbow mohawks are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Excellent big hair figures. It’s good to stretch at times.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great looking bunch of bodgers!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  14. Some reet hair dos on them lasses, must be a couple of hundred weight of gel and hairspray !

    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete
  15. You can't go wrong with colourful hair!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Definitely hit the late 80s early 90s scifi charm, Martin! Gen X rules! Mullets and teased neon hair for everyone! ;)

    ReplyDelete