Tuesday 7 March 2023

From BenitoV: More German Motorbikes (20 points)

As a continuation with the topic of my submission of last week, I bring for this Tuesday more German Early War goodies, in the form of a motorbike with sidecar, to be used as the LMG support for my motorized unit.

 

I have a second model in store but I could not finish basing the model in time. Actually the support unit was supposed to be a total of three of these bikes with sidecars ... but it seems that I forgot to print the third file and unfortunately I have the printer in my family's vacation house (closed until Spring).

 

As with the motorbikes presented last week, this is a Eskice model. Nice detail and very dynamic poses as usual, although the face sculpting is slightly cartoonie.

 

So small addition to my Challenge score this week: after requesting clarification from the minion-in-charge, I was told this model will be worth 20 points, as it comprises two vehicles with two riders (each 10 points)  









That's a nice looking motorcycle combo, Benito. It's a shame you missed printing the third file and can't access your 3D printer at the moment.

Tamsin




24 comments:

  1. Lovely little tandem team Benito. it would fit right into Curt's Maximillian project too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I've lost that issue of the Maximillian project

      Delete
  2. I really like these models and you've done an amazing job on them, Benito. As Peter suggests, I may have to print some off for my Mad Maximillian project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Curt but what's that Mad Max project ?

      Delete
  3. Nice motorbike Benito! With this and the previous bikes, I think you ought to do a fourth one, but with the two Dr Jones as rider and passenger! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Didn't think about it, but I should try finding models

      Delete
  4. Nice work Benito and good score

    ReplyDelete
  5. As always Benito, your brush hits it out of the park. This looks great.

    So...the sidecar is a separate vehicle? Like, it drives on its own? I think some Keynsian economists have infiltrated the Challenge scoring spreadsheets...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting thinking... being an economist by profession myself, I confess to lean more to the Keynesian-liberals side of the field than to the uber-promarket liberalism school of thought

      Delete
  6. Great work Benito. Bikes are excellent in any rule set.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure about the rules sets, but at least they are great visually on a table

      Delete
  7. Splendid looking motorbike and sidecar combination!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  8. That’s a very fine motorcycle with sidecar, Benito, and a great addition to your forces!

    ReplyDelete