Monday 20 January 2020

From MikeF - 30k Militia Brute Squad (42 Points)

Continuing with my Imperial Militia army for Warhammer 30k (and more red paint apparently) is the Militia Brute Squad. These are equipped with boarding shields and Ogryn clubs for bashing noggins. Given the size of them, they probably only have to bash it once!





They're the close combat offering for the army, but with their boarding shields they can also act as a layer of ablative armor for the non-abhuman members of the army. My commander is very"woke" however, so he probably won't have them march out in front...probably. These models area about 40mm so I figure 42 points.

***
Holy cow, seldom has a figure's name and appearance matched up so well - "brutes" indeed! I had no idea these were an option for Imperial Militias in the 30k game - it will add a unique aspect to our game, that's for sure. I love the oversize shields, the clubs...it all speaks to "keeping order". Given the size and apparent temperment, I think I might have the World Eaters try and engage these particular fellows...

That's 42 points for you Mike! Need a top up on red paint yet?

GregB

5 comments:

  1. Awesome looking figures, Mike. I like the tank tread loincloths - sorta seems fitting for these guys. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work Mike, clean brushwork and the red pops.

    ReplyDelete