Monday 20 January 2020

From JezT: A Very British Civil War (85 Points)

Dear All,

Really happy to be able to post up these 25mm scale figures and vehicles so I am now all ready to start using Bolt Action rules to play games set in the mythical 1930’s campaign of "A Very British Civil War". This project was started last challenge and I am acting as the “establishment” with armed police and “Territorials” as my squads.

This photo gives an overview of the post.



First up is a nice machine gun squad. I think these are old Renegade WWI figures that I got second hand. They are great to paint and  it’s a shame no longer being made? Next up are two odd infantry figures that I did not do last year, posed against the Command car vehicle from 1st Corps.









Next is some serious firepower! This is a Lanchester armoured car model from Warlord Games – this is historically from 1929 and was used in early WW2. I just painted this the same basic brown colour as the army uniforms. This has one heavy and two medium machine guns. I bought the model before I really understood the Bolt Action rules so had to accept that this is the equivalent of putting a King Tiger down in AVBCW terms! I did not want to start an arms race with my opponent so downgraded the model by removing the turret and adding an open top version. 










Finally I have a lorry, this one from 1st Corps.




Points wise that is 3 x vehicles, plus 5 x figures = 60 plus 25 = 85 points. Now to get round to playing the first game ....

Cheers Jez

***

Disarming to help your opponent? That is mighty sporting of you :) Personally, our group enjoys a good "arms race" among the rival collections - its the sort of thinking that helps fill our basements with stuff! But it makes sense to avoid models which can be a touch too dominant on the table, particularly as you set out for your first game. I'm sure the arms race can begin after that first game gets completed...

Some fine work here Jez, covering an assortment of minis and models for a very unique setting. That will be 85 points for you!

GregB

7 comments:

  1. VBCW is great fun. I have broken many a charge with my flamethrower armed firemen and followed it up with a charge by Port Vale 1st XI

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks all ... I have got some rifle armed school boys in reserve to still paint up .......

    Cheers Jez

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice looking inter war types!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete