Monday 20 January 2020

From Barks: Chaos Command (12 Points)

More Pinkstone Fortress!

I tried to feel the love for these two, but couldn't fully muster it. I don't like the idea of a Commissar fallen to Chaos, who does the same thing only more evil. I'm not happy with the flag, it isn't good enough. I do like his stubble and facial scars, though! The Ogryn is cool with the icon impaling him utterly.






1x 28mm = 5
1x 40mm = 7

Skull-o-meter™: 3
Cumulative Skullz: 12

***
Always fun to see more work from your Barks. For myself, I'm not a huge fan of the "Chaos look" in the current 40k universe - and I agree with you on the Commissar - but certainly the brushwork here looks great, and it's fun to enjoy your latest installment of "Pinkstone Fortress".  The Painting Challenge often includes many particpants' own special projects, and this is one of the fun ones to follow. 

I'm also an OSL skeptic, but I have to say, you nailed it on the big brute's sword/pole/bashing-people-bar-thing. One of the many small but excellent painting bits you have executed so nicely on these figures.  Great work. 

GregB

13 comments:

  1. Cool figures, Barks! Love Pinkstone Fortress. Though I do agree with you about the redundancy of the Chaos Commissar. So what does this guy actually do? Make sure you're doing Chaos 'properly'? Love the crab-claw guy. I bet you he's feeling very fortunate that the eight pointed star of Chaos decided to manifest itself on the UPPER part of his body. Otherwise it would be kinda awkward and owchie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Surely, when a regiment throws off the shackles of the Imperium, the Commissar is first up against the wall. Or, if he’s seen the perverted light and led the mutiny, then he would hang up his coat and say “Do what you want, chaps, don’t let me tell you what to do.”

      Delete
  2. Nice pink!

    "same thing only more evil" what, he kills deserters twice?! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This project is just so bonkersly cool Barks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m pretty much done with it this Challenge

      Delete
  4. Lovely vomit inducing pink horrors Barks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Again rather special Pink Horrors ;-) Well done Barks. The idea of a Chaos Commissar actually appeals to me. I love the Ciaphas Cain and Gaunts Ghosts novels in both of which Chaos is (most of the time) not as chaotic as in the usual GW lore. Thus I'm fine with a political officers to keep the guys in line.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’ve read some of the Ghosts’ stuff (I do like Abnett), but am yet to try Cain. Does sound like fun.

      Delete
  6. Good looking ogryn and commisar (even if he is as you point out redundant!) The pink is a great contrast colour
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete