Monday 20 January 2020

From EricM: 28mm Bicorne English Civil War Ensign Millys Challenge and Challenge Prize (60 Points)

Last week I made land fall on Challenge Island and began my trek on the Path of History.  Having conquered Sander's Sand Dunes last week I pushed on to Millsy's Millpond.  Milly's task for us was to paint a figured from history (minimum of Pre-2000).  

After much digging,I came across one of the earliest historical figures I purchased.  I think he comes from my first visit to Cold Wars in 1991.  That first Cold Wars trip from central Indiana to eastern Pennsylvania is fondly remembered as the "ride of death or Donner Party II". Eight inches of snow and a meat loaf shaped like a human brain left an indelible mark on my memory.

This figure is a 28mm Bicorne English Civil War Ensign.   He was a fun figure to pain, the quality of sculpting has really held up well over the almost 30 years.




Since this is a one-off figure,just for fun, I mounted him on a cobblestone base from Tre Games.  I'm a big fan of Tre Games they have a great selection of bases and other laser cut wood products.


In addition to this figure being my my toll to cross Milly's Millpond, it will also be my Challenger's Prize Figure (coming in just under the wire, as usual).

Thanks for looking!

***

"Just" under the wire is still under the wire in the end, very good Eric. Your ECW ensign is excellent and certainly looks the part.  The cobblestone effect on the base is also very nice, and your brushwork brings the best out. But it was a bit hard to get past imagining what the situation of the snow storm and the meatloaf entailed...

So, between all of the location bonuses etc. etc. I am pretty sure this gets you 60 points. If I'm wrong, I'll be mauled by other minions (and presumably end up as part of another tantalizing meatloaf dish served only on Challenge Island).  Did you have a recipient in mind for this figure? Do let the Snow Lord know...or he'll share more about the details of some of HIS memorable meals...

GregB

5 comments:

  1. Lovely figure Eric, love his beard and moustache and the basin rocks. Was the meatloaf intentionally made in the shape of the brain, was it an accident or did some just tell you it was meatloaf and hoped that up you wouldn’t ask questions.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely finish, really nice story and your road trip sure trumps M25,M4, Reading and then Colours which is my most interesting wargaming trip!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great looking mini, Eric. Those Bicorne's are still such excellent figures.

    ReplyDelete