Monday 20 January 2020

From RobH: Six Assorted Fantasy Foot Figures and Curtgeld - (55 Points)

My First entry into this winter's painting challenge is ready. The first three weeks of the challenge was spend mostly in bed due to a nasty cold and flu combination. A great way to spend the Christmas holidays. Otherwise a belated Happy New Year to all.

1) One Leprechaun and a pot of gold. My Curtgeld for this year. There are so many miniatures in my pile of lead, that I have lost track of where they came from. The source of this figure is a mystery to me.





2) Two mushroom men. More mystery figures. My thoughts are that Ming the Merciless has to harvest the spores for the Purple Death from somewhere, and they would be a fine source. Future allies of Flash Gordon.




3) Three Nazgûl on foot, in the middle of the night. They will correspond to the three mounted ring-wraiths, which  I entered in previous editions.





The sun was low on the horizon when I went to take the photos, and I found that my tablet was not charged. The images are from my iPhone, which isn't as good as my tablet for this task.

Scoring six 25mm foot figures @ 5 points each plus 25 points for my Curtgeld.

***

Hello again Rob, and welcome to Challenge Edition X.  The flu sounds like it was pretty awful, so good to see you are back at things, and that your brushes are back in action! Quite a variety here - including a mystery leprechaun! But I like the Nazgul most...so chilling and ominous, such a great part of the incredible LOTR story.

I sympathize with your challenges when it comes to getting photos done, always a bit of a pain, no matter how much they advance the cameras on our assorted iPhones etc. 

55 points for you, welcome to the fray!

GregB

12 comments:

  1. Welcome back Rob! Nice work on these :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome and excellent parting shot in the Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nazgul, I feel, have generally been misunderstood and not appreciated for their true virtues, so I'm always pleased to see more painted so well. But I like the mushroom men best. Excellent work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nazgul, the undying emo goth kids of Middle Earth.

      Sauron (as the grumpy dad): 'Look at you nine. What a bunch of whiners. Oooh. It took a whole 'Age' to find myself. Nobody likes us. I have no face to put my eyeliner on... Get out of Minas Morgul and get a job!'

      Delete
  4. Great work Rob! I think the leprechaun is my favourite - great tophat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Thanks Curt. It should be in the mail this weekend.

      Delete
    3. No, don't send it to me. Just hang onto it until I let you know who the luck recipient is.

      Delete
  5. Welcome ashore Rob, nice work on these figures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone for your kind comments. Too many minis and too little time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice bunch of figures!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete