Wednesday 18 March 2020

From AlexK: More buildings required!! (100 points)

As we all know a painting challenge isn't really a painting challenge until you've thrown a big spanner of your own creation into the works, and here's my spanner! I've be playing a lot of Chain of Command at the club recently and we've got one of the TooFatLardies pint sized campaigns on the go. What I hadn't really factored into the campaign was the number of buildings that would be required, hence me stopping painting mid challenge and breaking out the foam board, glue and scouring pads and these are the results.

So we have a little cottage with some well trimmed hedges to start with, in the future I plan on making several variant gardens and yards for the backs of these buildings.











Secondly I have this slightly larger farmhouse and yard.







A few WIP shots




Right points wise, I think (and this may need checking) that the smaller house comes out at 432 inches and the farmhouse comes out at 594 inches cubed respectively.

So with my 20 year old G.C.S.E in maths, that's 1026 inches cubed, that divided by 216 for a single cube equals 4.75 cubes, which in turn is multiplied by 20 to give a grand total of 95 points.....I think!? Head now hurts, I must go lay down in a dark room



Very nice scratch-built buildings Alex! I'm going to round it up to 5 cubes to account for the fact that they are scratch-built and not from kits.

TamsinP

4 comments:

  1. Nice building, really like the whitewashed one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pair of scratch built buildings, very nice!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  3. That hedge is far too straight, looks like the ones my neighbour has, certainly not like mine! Anyway, I am jealous of these great houses indeed!

    ReplyDelete