Wednesday 18 March 2020

From IainW: 28mm EIR Auxilia for Hawkins Hill (90 points )

Here we have a unit of auxiliary infantry from Newline,  like my previous post they came from an I'll considered bid on Ebay, coupled with a desire to get a bargain! I largely avoid Ebay now but with my need to mobilise a Roman army these lead reservists have been called up.

I didn't think I'd had them that long but I now realise I've moved house twice since I got them plus my daughter was in primary school and I am now taking her to look at universities as she is doing her A levels,so I think they qualify for this location!







Newline  figures seem a little simple and plain in their unpainted state but I think come up quite nicely with the application of paint,certainly enough detail and frankly not too much!

They was something of a throwback to the past as these chaps were bought primed in white and I've had to adapt,  I know with contrast paints white primer is making a comeback but it's still a little weird to me!

Plain shields on these, maybe the next unit will get a bit of decoration.

12 x 28mm infantry is 60 points plus 30 for the location gives me a  further 90 points, I certainly hope to add more than 66 points next week to do my bit in heading to our collective target .

This also means I have completed five locations which is the end of my challenge island tour although I hope to have a further post this week!

All the best
Iain


Another great unit to add to your growing collection of Romans. 90 points it is!

TamsinP

18 comments:

  1. Great work Iain. The timelining based on houses and daughter's level of education is very familiar.

    White primer went out of fashion? It's now back in fashion? I've been retro all these years?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Peter! The whole black primer thing clearly passed you by, but its okay your back in fashion!
      Best Iain

      Delete
    2. I did black primer in the mid 80s does that count?

      Delete
  2. Really nice Roman auxillia Iain, great choice of colours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great looking Romans, Iain. Good luck to your daughter on her A levels. I inhale all primers, no mater the colour or creed. Love em.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Curt! Luckily she isn't sitting the exams this summer, well, looks like no one is this summer but she is due to sit them in 2021,no masks for you spraying then!
      Best Iain

      Delete
    2. While Dulcoat is a fine, workmanlike finisher, I find Krylon FiniMat has a particularly heady overtone and rich afterglow...

      Delete
    3. Now this explains quite a lot my moose hugging friend ;-)

      Delete
  4. Very well done Iain! Quite like the combination of white tunics, blue shields and red scabbards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nick! Yes I was happy with the colour combo, might do it again!
      Best Iain

      Delete