Wednesday 18 March 2020

From SanderS: "Starquest at Millsy's Millpond" (80 Points)

Hoi,

Pre 2000 miniatures says the man with the plan... Yeah I had to take a look into the pile for that. Do you seriously expect me to remember in what year figures are actually made? Well I will from now on!


So in the end I opted for some of my Space Crusade figures, I bought a box from Ebay and the figures are in terrible state so need repainting. Finished for now are two Chaos Space Marines and 8 Necron warriors.


I didn't want the Necrons to have that sleek polished chrome dome Terminator look, but instead settled for a more 90's over the top Sci-Fi look.



It seemed to me that while the Heretic on the right obviously worships Khorne, the figure to the left is less clear in his deity of choice. I painted him as a disciple of Tzeentch, but in hindsight he could have been meant to worship Nurgle as well.  




There's a lot more of these figures to go. I have already replaced the awful boards with home made new ones and since I now own a 3D printer I will print new walls and doors for it. Oh and paint the gazillion million Orks and Gretchin...

This bunch is worth a nice round 80 points but that leaves me with what to do with the rest of the locations on the island...

At the start of the Challenge I stated I had figures for each location and I still do, at the same time I am also pretty sure I am not going to have time to visit them all. So what to do? I already stepped back and took as new goal to reach Sander's Sand Dunes as it had always been my plan to finish there. A symbolic ending right? But now even that seems unattainable as the end nears. So I have decided that even if the Challenge truly ends I will go on and visit all the other locations and publish those on my own blog. Perhaps Curt will allow me to post the link to said posts up here as well? Anyway I will get to go all around the island.

***
Space Crusade! There is a classic. Fine work here Sander, I really like your take on the Necrons, and it's always nice to see "variety" for the worshippers of Chaos out there :) 

Great work - however many more spots you manage to visit on "Challenge Island", we look forward to sharing the tour experience with you. 

GregB

13 comments:

  1. Nice work on resurrecting these old figures Sander.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Space Crusade figures!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well they look a lot better now the bases help a bit too,

      Delete
  3. @ Greg; thanks for the kind replies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome work on these oldies but goodies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Curt, it was great to see how they improved from the state they were in.

      Delete
  5. Oldies but goldies! The Tzeentch fella definitely is my favourite even if I'd normally prefer Nurgle or even Khorne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, yeah well, me I am a true goodie two-shoes always for the Imperium of Man so these are anathema to me. That said of all the Chaos gods I dislike Nurgle the most so if I can avoid doing anything related I will.

      Delete