Wednesday 18 March 2020

From AlexK: More peninsular war goodies (145 points)


So its final push time, time to tie up the loose ends and get the final points to finish without the horrible feeling of failure hanging over me for the next nine months (too dramatic!??). Now I have quite a gap between posts, but for once this doesn't mean I haven't been painting rather that due to scenario specific terrain items, I've been scratch building terrain and sticking my fingers to everything in sight whilst doing so. Now I should have another post later in the week with those terrain pieces, but I come before you with what was my main aim for this challenge in this post and that's a whole bunch of British Peninsular Napoleonic's.

So first up we have 8 Light Dragoons and wow!, were these time consuming. They are 28mm Perry's plastic and are really nice, well sculpted and now they are finished I won't be painting anymore anytime soon. The problem stems from the  fact that every time you think your done, you notice that they've sculpted another little detail on and you need to go round and paint it. There were 3 separate occasions when I thought I was done, first I forgot to finish the carbines (so my fault really), secondly I had to go back and do the regimental piping on the the saddle roll and then finally I had to go round putting the metal studs on the Tarleton (best hat ever), but now they're are done I really like them and I'm pretty sure they're going to be my favourite unit.









Secondly I have a level 1 leader, which is just the sergeant from the line infantry box, but after the cavalry he was a welcome distraction.




Finally from the Napoleonic's side we have another 8 more line infantry again from Perry's, these will give me a good solid base for my 'Sharp's Practice' force. I might possibly get another 8 done before the close of play, but I'm not holding my breath.





Talking of scenario specific painting my final piece for this post is a 0.30 cal machine gun team with a couple of extra crew. The terrain and troops are for playing through the TooFatLardies Pint Size Campaign "Let's go 29". The standard U.S platoon is a bit light on fire power so a 0.30 cal should add a bit of beef to the line up.....hopefully.




Points wise I think it is,

8 x 10 for the Dragoons = 80
11 x 5 for the line infantry, sergeant and 2 U.S troops = 55
1 x 10 for the 0.30 cal = 10

so a 145 all told.

From DaveD - phew its been a day of days in the day job!  Nice job Alex - i do like to see the cavalry with fancy hats!

8 comments:

  1. Nice mix of great figures Alex. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous light dragoons and lovely infantry!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those light dragoons - nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like all of them, especially the Napoleonics. The sergeant came out very well I'd say!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent work on all of these, but especially love the light dragoons

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant figures indeed! Love the Peninsular stuff particularly.

    ReplyDelete