Wednesday 18 March 2020

From TomM: The joy of the Ender 3 (40 pts)

One thing that has been constant in my AHPC this year, is that while I was painting a variety of figures and welcoming the baby, my Ender-3 kept churning on steadily.

In a "learning curve" manner, this has been almost all terrain, small and middle sized items found on Thingiverse, aka scatter terrain.

While I am starting to feel confident in the meantime to tackle bigger projects, the heap of small sized items piled up and now I`m slowly in the process of painting them all up for use on the gaming tables.

As such, this, what will be my final entry in this year's challenge, I have a heap of scatter terrain, in all manners of sizes and ranges, to present.

The first batch as such is all based around "wood" as a theme, with barrels, some treetrunks, a comfy bench and an archery target.



Of course, every table can use some rockwork to litter around the table.  Small rocks, a stalagmite throne and a column of madness, together with some "blocked hex" tiles for Warhammer Underworlds.


Rounding out all of this, the first of a slightly larger terrain piece, in the form of this Tattooine house for Star Wars Legion.




Pointswise, I have no idea, I would estimate around 2 cubes worth of things, as the house itself nearly fills one, and then there is all the rest.  So apologies to the minion on duty for the mathematical work...

And so ends my adventure on Challenge Island this year.  Personally, I found the mapgame far more fun then the bonus round system, as one could hold to a "planning" without skipping out on bonuses when RL threw one at you.  Thanks to Curt and the minions for once again running the challenge, and I look forward to the next edition!



That house and scatter terrain looks great Tom. I think two cubes is about right for scoring, so 40 points for you.

TamsinP

6 comments:

  1. Nice star wars house and useful looking scatter terrain!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice looking terrain bits and bobs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man, you kidding me? I just have bought an Ender 3 pro and it has been running literally non stop since I got it going! Great stuff you've printed and painted indeed! Love to see more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I`d say keep an eye on my blog (or friend me on FB), as I often pop stuff over on it

      Delete
  4. Great looking terrain Tom. That Tattooine house is excellent.

    ReplyDelete