Saturday 23 January 2021

From Dallas: Female Fighter for the Sorceress (25 points)

Here's one of the great female figures from the old Metal Magic range, now cast and sold by Midlam Miniatures. I love their female figures - they're the opposite of the chainmail bikini trope, just women dressed in no-nonsense armour and adventuring clothing. I think this figure resembles a young Lily Tomlin (!)

This model actually came out of the mold with two swords, but I thought that was a bit silly, so I swapped the other sword for a shield. The shield decoration is from a GW decal sheet.

So with this offering to the Sorceress, I'll take a teleport past the Shrine to the Oubliette. I've got a plan for the Shrine but the Oubliette model is already painted so I'll do that room first.

Stay safe all!

 

14 comments:

  1. 'One Ringy Dingy...'

    Great work Dallas! Certainly no bikini, but the chainmail crop-top, matching miniskirt and studded leggings are, um, interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great looking female fighter and nice use of the 40k fist transfer!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  3. Umm... it's a chainmail tunic with a belt, Curt. Get your mind out of the gutter, man! Your dead-on with the studded leggings though :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I Had a few other replies ready, but I thought better of it and will simply say, nice job!

      Delete
    2. This is my “walking the hounds through the neighbourhood” outfit! 🧙‍♀️

      Delete
    3. I think you can actually get these leggings at the seasonal "Just Cozy" kiosk at most shopping malls!

      Delete