Saturday 23 January 2021

From NickJ: Orruk Ironskullz Warband (20 Points)

Ahem. Once Upon a 2019... sorry what? It's when? 2021? But it was 2019 yesterday... right?

There's a scene in Spaceballs that ends with the lines:

"When will then be now?"

"Soon!"

And right now I'm trying to work out how firstly it's been probably 2 years since I last posted and also how the heck the first month of the challenge is already over!

Anyway - hello and I hope everyone is well.

For this Challenge I will mainly be trying to remember how to Hobby. I really didn't get much done in the last 2 years for various reasons that I won't bore you with but have actually managed to get my first 4 figures painted - so achievement unlocked. Hurrah.

Here we have Ironskullz Boyz - A warband for Games Workshop's Underworlds game. 


They've been sat on the shelf for about 4 years and finally managed to push their way to the front.

First up is Gurzag Ironskull himself. Having not painted Orruks (yes GW no longer calls them Orcs/Orks) it took a while to work out how to paint green skin.



Now meet Basha and Hakka. Look I take no responsibility for the names. That's on GW!

Basha is on the left with the fetching eye-patch...


I opted to have fairly dark silver armour as Orruks aren't the tidiest creatures plus then the red would have a chance to contrast.

And finally... and again I apologise for whatever naming rules they are using in Nottingham... here's Bonekutta


Lovely big axe and I'm sure it does cut through bone... 

So there we have my first completed, painted models since 2019. I suspect I may have been a bit enthusiastic when I proposed a 500 point target for this Challenge but a start has been made!

Scoring: 4 x 28mm = 20 Points. Just another 480 points to go!

10 comments:

  1. Excellent start and welcome to the challenge! That classic red & metal combo is certainly doing good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the Challenge, great start
    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete
  3. Splendid looking Orks! Or whatever they now are,lovely finish to them anyway!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good set of Boyz!! And welcome to the Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great set of Orks, welcome to the challenge and good to see you back at the brushes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous passel of Orks, Nick! I think you nailed down the skin tone fabulously (and great looking choppas).

    Welcome back to the Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome to the challenge, Nick. I rolled my eyes a few times at the naming, but they’ve painted up nicely.

    Curt will have to crack the whip a few times if you’re going to hit your target though

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome aboard! Looks like three skullz there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice, grim looking Orcs. (I refuse to follow modern GW naming styles).

    ReplyDelete