Saturday 23 January 2021

From DrQ: Ork Boss Zagstruk in the Oubliette (25 points)

For the Oubliette I present an ancient miniature by 2021 standards, Ork Boss Zagstruk. The tab on the metal bits of this model date to 1996, which probably makes it the oldest piece in my pile of shame. I found him at the bottom of the large box of ork hand-me-downs that will be the core of my 40k army.


Zagrstruk is a hefty boy on a 40mm base. I've gotten so used to the modern GW plastic kits it took a bit to clean and pin this older white metal kit. I still might glue a few coins under the base to make sure he doesn't tip over.
 

I painted him up with more or less a bare-metal and grime look. Lots of weathering with only a few checks on his shoulder pads and left knee to hint at a painted armour that has seen better days. Also I've decided that I love Citadel Technical Paint: Nihilakh Oxide. I used to make my own bronze patina washes, but this stuff is liquid magik. 


Zagstruk is a named boss associated with the Goff and dedicated to buffing Stormboyz, which means that he probably wouldn't have seen the light of day if not for this challenge, since I neither play Goffs nor run Stormboyz. So, cheers for the challenges! 

As for points, 5 points for the model and 20 for the oubliette challenge. From here we're heading to the Tomb (and our last room for level 2!)

10 comments:

  1. A great looking Ork warboss,although I fear for his stability!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's a real beauty Doc (if you can say that for a slaverin' ork warboss).

    ReplyDelete
  3. He’s like a demented can-can dancer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super work with this Space Ork dude, great metal 🤟
    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great irk, love the kicking up his heels pose.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice work. The model does look like it may tip over at any second, but it's certainly very dynamic.

    ReplyDelete