Saturday 23 January 2021

From KyleC - The guardroom - Ogres and Ambots (90 Points)

 


So another paint up and another chamber.. 

Was trying to find suitable models for guards, and had these on my to to list for a clubmate and I think they work. Being that they are big, heavy looking models, that are slow or dim witted and would probably be told to stay put or don't let anyone get through or out. 


The necromunda Ogres all come with some sort of 'enhancement' on them making them look bigger than they really are. Or adapted to the situation that whomever owns them can think up.. but mostly it is larger fits or saws attached to where their hands used to be.. and or a large socket wrench. 


Primarily painted in contrast painted with a light drybrush over top. Something that I am trialing out to see if I can speed up painting armies and I am liking the results as a whole. Especially when a few feet back and when collected as a whole gang. 


The ambots I just picked 2 colors at random for each of them and went from there. Then put in some metallics where I thought they should fit and overall I like it. My mate wanted simple so he got that.. I think if I were to do one or two for myself they would be a lot more personalized, and have warning markings on them or something. 

Overall though 10x 40mm models for 70 pts plus the 20 pts for the chamber giving me an easier 90 pts than the last point bomb there. Plus gives me squirrel point 8 here also... as if I need more random.. .ooo goblins... 

16 comments:

  1. Great looking ogryns and robots, super results for speed painting!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks.. am liking the end results here as well.

      Delete
  2. Amazing, my favourites so far

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool! I think its the orange/turqoise that makes the models here.. really go well together!

      Delete
  3. Colour choices work well, I agree that contrast works really well with highlights drybrush instead of leaving as is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the one extra step that makes them pop for sure. Before they are a bit bland.. and if the drybrushing is too much, a thinned glaze over it usually sorts it out.

      Delete
  4. Super looking models, the bases really work with them as well.
    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks.. the bases are 5 colors wet blended together.. then nuln oil.. then drybrushed ivory like the model. It is the only part of the model really using real paints outside of metallics or drybrushing ivory.

      Delete
  5. The ogryns and bases are great on these, nice colour choices. And a healthy thwack of points for your tally, which have been added.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice work on these chunky looking manual labourers. The robots look cool too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice! Really dig the colour combos of these

    ReplyDelete