Saturday 23 January 2021

From Dallas: RAFM/Bob Murch Cthonian in the Oubliette (30? points)

For the Oubliette, we're supposed to post a forgotten figure or long-neglected project... not a problem for most of us. I have drawers full of them...

Anyway, here we have a Cthonian sculpted by Bob Murch for RAFM's Call of Cthulhu range. Can't remember when I bought this one but it was years and years ago, and I think I actually bought it for parts. I used the metal mouth tentacles on a couple of Chaos Spawn I built and painted to include in my Chaos army for Warhammer Fantasy Battle. 

After that, the rest of the model languished in a drawer... I had converted the mouth and upper part of the model with greenstuff to use as a head for a Nurgle daemon prince, but that project went in another direction. When I found the "tail" again I clipped the greenstuff off the mouth part and stuck 'em together, but the mouth tentacles were still missing...

Fortunately, though, I had kept a couple sprues of spare parts from (you guessed it) another GW plastic Chaos Spawn kit, and on those sprues were a bunch of tentacles. So I restored the Cthonian using these GW parts, after using the Cthonian parts on a GW model... go figure.

Disapproving look from a matronly townsperson. I think the model turned out OK and should make a nice addition to a fantasy skirmish game... someday... how about 10 points for this large 28mm model, plus 20 for the Chamber bonus?

Stay safe everyone!

 

11 comments:

  1. Lovely bit of model resurrection and a great finish!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a fab figure! Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Disapproving Glance does 2d8+12 damage, no DR. Double that if you’re on the social register.

    This is an excellent resurrection of a long neglected model!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely lilac tones on a gribbly model!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful work Dallas! As Mr Lovecraft said, you can never have enough tentacles...

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great model and paint job, that looks the biz 👍
    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great work Dallas. The female figure looks like she’s warning it to keep its grubby tentacles off her clean floor.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not sure which of those two minis is the real horror. Nice work on the gribbly beast.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great work Dallas. I loved the whole "circle of parts"...such a nice part of the hobby life!

    ReplyDelete