Saturday 23 January 2021

AndrewB - ‘Cave’ people and Larder Challenge (30 Points)



 For today’s episode of catching my posting up to my painting, I have two fine residents of a prehistoric cave or somesuch, including a little fellow bringing back some food!  
These fine models are from Reaper’s Bones line, a part of a four pack which will all be shortly completed.  I am still unsure of whether they will be based in a jungle or more temperate setting, so for now, a basic cave floor type will have to suffice.  I have recently been making a lot of good use of the textured Vallejo basing gels, and am consistently quite happy with the results.  My layering on skin appears to be coming along, but that’s an uphill battle that I cannot roll dice to fix   


I know the gentleman with the club shouldn’t have a metallic anklet, but it looked alright, so here we are   The other two models from the set should be completed shortly, and will be posted as soon as they are   

By my calculations, between the two 28mm figures and the last room of level one on the Challenge(woooooo!), the total should be 30pts for this post   

Happy painting!


7 comments:

  1. Great looking pair of cavemen!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cavemen, I especially like the middle shot where it looks like the blond guy is about to brain his companion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cavemen, that's modern day Leeds that is 🤣
    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete