Saturday 23 January 2021

From PaulSS: [The Orcs’ Pit] Enraged Orc (27pts)

My first fantasy figure  of the challenge is a Reaper Bones Orc for the Chambers of Challenge XI.

The Orcs’ Pit: In this scruffy, dirty and unpleasant chamber, you need to paint one or more orcs, kobolds, goblins, or troll-kin of any kind!

To keep up the Napoleonic theme I did initially toy with painting some grimy French peasantry, but instead picked up this chap from my LGS.

It was quite an easy paint job, but as this is the first Reaper Bones miniature I've painted I don't think I am that impressed, they seem to be molded out of jelly, the axe shaft especially, bent like a banana and wobbles like the set of a 60's Sci-fi classic.

I wanted to keep the chap quite muted so used a drab palette on him, for those interested the green of the flesh is from a basecoat of VMC Brown Violet.

Towering over my 28mm stuff, I'm going to claim this as a 40mm figure, so 7 points plus the location bonus for 27 points. 

23 comments:

  1. I like the different leathers, and those hands are a gruesome touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work Paul! I really like the skin tone on this brute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic work. I love the muted olive drab skin tone.

    Was he a white plastic Reaper Bones, or the newer gray or black plastic?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Robert, he was cast in the white plastic.

      Delete
    2. The white plastic ones are the most bendy. The gray and black ones are more stout.

      Delete
  4. Very different Paul, I was checking my Napoleonic Uniform books when I realised you'd done something out of the ordinary 😁 Be careful with that Axe !

    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Ken, I now realise I missed a trick not doing a Flintloque Orc

      Delete
  5. Nice work Paul. The wobble comment made me chuckle.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wait, what? That's not a Napoleonic cuirassier a pied? I'm shocked...
    Very nice work on what seems to have been a rather wonky figure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nick, back to the habite veste and shakos shortly

      Delete
  7. He looks ready to crack some skulls! Very nicely done Paul.

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely looking ork! The skin colour is ace!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Iain, I wanted it green but not too green.

      Delete
  9. Now that's what I call an Ork! Great work

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Bones minis do have a certain jelly quality to them, but you have done a great job on this one regardless.

    ReplyDelete