Wednesday 17 March 2021

KenR : 28mm The Triarii are here - 160 points


Well that's it I'm done 👍, I'd like to say I'm outta here too but more on that below ! The final unit, this time of Triarii is done and the Allied Italian Legion Project is finished !


At this stage in the Project there really aren't any surprises, its 32 x 28mm Victrix figures on 4 60mm square bases, shield transfers by LBMS.


So that's 32 x 5 for a 160 point haul, which really annoyingly leaves me just short of my 1500 target. So this won't be my last post of the Challenge. I've started on some Wars of the Roses just to tip me over the line so I will post them on the last day, it might not be a full unit but I'll get enough based to get done.


And of course here is the Project Done Picture 


And the whole lot in a short video detailing the whole Project.


So thanks very much for your kind words during the course of this Project, I love how the Challenge spurs me on to do these things. Its been a pleasure, just need to think of an idea for next year now 🤔 one thing is for sure, it won't be white !



A superb way to finish off a project that we have all enjoyed watching come together. In a single challenge you have completed what takes many sane people much longer to do (of course there are many more less sane people in this challenge, but that is a sea story for another day...). Great work Ken!


Cap'n Wednesday

26 comments:

  1. Impressive to complete an entire army, Ken! Excellent work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Noel, I have another Roman Legion of the same size, 4 Legions are a consular army 🤔

      Delete
  2. They look proper hard and a great way to finish an army

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really impressive stuff Ken. Now they just need an opposition!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Peter, I have a few Carthaginians and Gauls to go against these and the Roman Legion I have. A bit of recruiting for Hannibal will be going on later in the year 👍

      Delete
  5. Congratulations on finishing the project - great stuff! Bet taking the shot with all the base units filled in was satisfying!
    Cheers Jez

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Jez, not sure about satisfying, it was definitely a relief 😆

      Delete
  6. Brilliant work Ken and well done on getting the army finished!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent work that man! Good choice of soundtrack for the build video too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks, its the Yarkshire Gamer theme tune over on my Utubes channel 😀

      Delete
  8. Hooray!! Congratulations on completing this project. I very much enjoyed seeing each of those blank MDF bases get filled with beautiful figures and groundwork. Well done Ken!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Excellent finish to your project Ken!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is an outstanding army and visually amazing. It's definitely inspired me to start on my Roman army to oppose my Carthaginians. Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks, I'm the other way round, when I add this lot to my Roman Legion I need a lot more Carthaginians

      Delete
  11. Splendid job on your Triari,they look great and really impressive finishing the whole Legion at one go!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely work, congratulations!

    ReplyDelete