Wednesday 17 March 2021

LeeH - The Hall of Heroes - Northern Barbarian

As someone who grew up reading the works of Robert E Howard, it's probably not surprising that when someone mentions a Hero I naturally think of a windswept northern barbarian striding across the tundra of Hyboria. And this figure is very inch the heroic archetype. The sculpting of the furs, in particular, is exceptional and far better than one would typically get on a 28mm model I think. Although it has to be said he's about 32mm to the eye so he's a big fella!


This metal figure is suitably chunky and has a real heft to it when held in the hand. Call me old school but it feels much more satisfying than an equivalent resin or plastic miniature. 




From here I am heading towards the final chamber the Lair of the Spider before braving the Snowlords Challenge. I can hear ominous scuttling sounds from the darkness ahead...did someone say the spider wasn't there any more, because I'm not so sure...

(Scoring: 1x28mm Figure + CoC Bonus = 25 Points)

Who doest love a Cimmerian on the tabletop? Bonus point for Conan!

Cap'n W



6 comments: