Saturday 20 March 2021

From JonathanO: The SAGAS of Noggin the Nog - At various locations of the Chambers of Challenge XI (150 points)

 I did not intend to do a really late post, but I realised that I still had time to make my points target.  I finished off a few figures that were in progress and completed a few more.  This is a bit of fun to finish off with and I hope you won't mind if I visit 5 additional locations in the one post.

I present some miniatures from the Little Soldier Company that were based on the characters from the children's books and TV series "The SAGAS of Noggin the Nog".

At the Hall of Heroes we have Noggin and queen Nooka:


Retracing my steps through rooms already visited, I get to the Hatchery.  Here we find Nogbad the Bad and his crows hatching a plan:


At the Armoury there are two Nog soldiers:


The Gallery of Ancestors features Noggin's parents King Knut and Queen Grunhilda:


Finally in the Guardroom, NOT keeping a close eye on the treasures of the Nogs are these two sleeping Nog sentries:


The whole group:





I had planned to complete all the figures during the challenge, but plans change!  At least I got most done for this final entry.





So 10 x 28mm figures = 50 points , plus 5 x 20 for new locations visited = 100 bonus points.  For a grand total of 150 points to take me comfortably over my target.  Hurrah!

Thanks to Curt for allowing me to participate in another enjoyable Painting Challenge.  Thanks to Sarah for continuing to support this madness!  This could not be so awesome and big without the wonderful Minions - thanks to you all.  Finally well done all participants and thanks for sharing your superb painting, interesting and amusing stories as well as for supporting each other on this journey through the Chambers of Challenge XI.  

Cheers,

Jonathan


8 comments:

  1. What a fun trip through the dungeon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this was my favourite childhood show. you done a great job on them

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another great finish. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to love Noggin the Nog when I was a kid. Great painting Jonathan.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great way to finish the Challenge Jonathan!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job on these lovely figures. It really takes me back... I can still remember most of the poem they use to sing the dragon back to sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely collection of fun figures, I can only think of them in black and white!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely work on this collection.

    ReplyDelete