Friday 19 March 2021

From Christopher Sliter: Fallschirmjäger Officer (5pts.)


This is my last entry into the challenge and it's the Curtgeld entry figure in the form of a Fallschirmjäger officer issuing commands to the troops which gives a fitting conclusion of him yelling at me to get in my last submissions. I seemed to have missed the part about it having to be turned in and completed by the first month! Well that's what you get for not paying attention and making old assumptions about things being the same as always!(facepalm)


The officer is depicted wearing his Luftwaffe coat and cap and Sumpmuster 44 (Swamp pattern) trousers, boots, belt, canteen and side arm. I wasn't exactly sure what he was carrying so I decided to make it into map booklet. He is yelling so I would imagine him speaking to large group troops giving a mission briefing with perhaps munitions going off in the background. 

The figure is from Artizan which I really enjoy painting and I painted him all with Vallejo colors which I personally think are very good for WWII and such.

Unless Curt want's a very late submission for other purposes I'll award this model to my friend Nick who is a WWII  nutter perhaps only equaled by all things Roman (well we both are, but he far exceeds me!)and I don't think he has this figure for his Fallschirmjäger collection as his is entirely composed of Mr. Hick's sculpts I believe. He can use it as a morale tracker for his FJ CoC force and yes I'm talking about our very own brush wizard MartinN and a minion this year. Check his stuff out you won't be disappointed!!

That's one 28mm figure for 5pts. and concludes my challenge. Thank you Curt for hosting yet another fantastic challenge and to the hard working minions as well! Looking forward to the next one!

Thanks for viewing!

Miniature Company- Artizan Miniatures

10 comments:

  1. Fabulous work Christopher! I'm very envious of Nick in getting this gem - lucky sod. :)

    It was great to have you out with us again Christopher - I hope to see you with us next time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm lost for words my friend! Really love your excellent FJ Officer and I'll make sure he'll have pride of place in my collection. And no, he won't be restricted to the sidelines, having to track my faltering morale through abysmal die roll after abysmal die roll. I'll make sure he'll get stuck right in.
    As for being late with the Curtgeld... well, I haven't painted it at all yet. But that's the joy of being a minion: You know you're not getting chastised for not following the rules.
    OK, I'll throw in a few extra points for your last submission my friend. The excellent camo and your work on the map more than reward it.
    And yes, I'm biased but I don't care...

    ... and I have you know I'm no nutter. An afficionado maybe, or a connoisseur, but certainly no nutter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And before I forget you also get 20 points for the Curtgeld as well!

      Delete
  3. Excellent final post! He does look like he’s giving someone an earful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go out with a bang! great painting of what looks to be an excellent figure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great looking officer, nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very impressive work, Christopher!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great painting - perfect character figure. Cheers Jez

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous figure! Nick is really lucky!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete