Friday 19 March 2021

from RayR - The Chamber of Challenge - Alter of the Snow Lord - Gendarmes 68 pts

 


I've finally found my way to the Alter of the Snow Lord!

The Altar of the Snow Lord: In this final chamber our very own Snow Fiend will select a challenge for you, as a tribute to the painting Gods.

From Curt..........Okay Ray! I heard you mention that, in the long and distant past, you and the Rejects collected 15mm Italian Wars figures to do Pavia. Well, colour me intrigued - I'd like to see a unit of these done up. What say you?


For my Oubliette post a few weeks ago, I painted up some 15mm Renaissance infantry that 
have been laying around for far too long. These Gendarmes have also been laying in a box for far too long and it was about time they got a lick of paint!


The figures are from Venexia, which I bought at Salute form the original Venexia owners many moons ago.
They can be used for either side of the Battle of Pavia in1525.


I'm pleased how they came out, trouble is what do I do with the rest of the unpainted figures??
12 x  15mm Cavalry @4 pts each, 48 pts
 bonus round 20 points 

For a total of 68 pts

21 comments:

  1. These are wonderful, Ray!! Just perfect for trampling those Swiss pike blocks under-hoof. And if the first charge doesn't succeed.... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely done, Ray. And obviously you've not got to finish painting all the rest of the figures and stage Pavia!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations - great finishing post for the Challenge.
    Cheers Jez

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are great, love the colours. You've had a really great challenge this year

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great stuff Ray! I love the look of these fellows. Congrats on making it through the Chambers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very well done Ray! If you don't know what to do with the rest of the figures just paint them and send them to me ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You had a great run this year. Loving these gendarmes. As for the unpainted figures, you paint them you big dolt!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, these are excellent, Ray. Such punchy colour and great basing too. Well done man. Challenge met.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you Sir Snow Lord. I've painted all this 25mm stuff thus Challenge but it was great going back to 15mm on me again!

      Delete
  9. Excellent looking gendarmes! They look great in any scale! Really enjoyed your output during this challenge!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very colourful, I like these. Nice work mate.

    ReplyDelete