Friday 19 March 2021

From JasperO: Allies (50 points)

Looking at the submissions today, I'm not the only one to start spamming the blog at the last minute, am I, Guy? These guys don't fit the Chambers of Challenge, but I enjoyed painting them anyway. I may need to paint another sergeant with Garand or M1 Carbine, but otherwise, this .30 machine gun team completes what I need to put an Armored Platoon for Chain of Command on the table. The BAR gunner and NCO with submachine gun give me more options for support, and allow me to switch out some figures for a more warm or cold weather-themed platoon.







The Russian figures are part of a new project. I bought a bunch of painted Russians from a friend last year. I'm rebasing them and adding some figures that I need and were missing. As part of that, I thought it'd be fun to paint my own leaders. So here are three NCOs, a lieutenant and a Commissar, because you need one, right? 






These ten figures should net me 50 points. Only about five posts to go to get to my goal, and just over 24 hours...!

10 comments:

  1. Wow great painting - think the tones you achieved really highlight the figures! Cheers Jez

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work on these models Jasper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jasper - these mini's are superb, especially the Russian Officers. Very, very impressed

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the Russians! Top brushwork.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very well done Jasper! The Americans are nice as ever and your Russians offer an interesting glimpse into what we might expect to see from you after the challenge closes down. And no, you're obviously not the only one spamming the blog last minute. I for my part will wait with my last entry till I don't have to also minion it ;-)
    Anyway, with another 10 points for the gun that's 60 points for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow great work Jasper! Not everything needs to fit a chamber.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely painting; that commissar is a treat!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous work on your GIs and Soviets! Of course you have to have a commisar!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful brushwork on these. Like these a lot.

    ReplyDelete