Friday 19 March 2021

From JohnS - At last, a Squirrel! And a green one at that! - 25 points

 We 'enjoying' a 'rain bomb' here in Sydney today so no renovation work, no requirement for range supervision, a free day! So I thought I would take the chance to throw in my only Squirrel of the Challenge.  And it is a green squirrel.

 
No, not that one, this one.

Due to photo vagaries, this is the most accurate in colour

Five Savage Orcs to join my Green Horde. I prepped these fellas a Challenge or two ago, painted part of a unit and the rest went back into the pile. I tend to paint in batches of five so most models get prepped, bagged in fives and placed in the queue. The never ending, constantly shifting queue.


I really enjoyed throwing some paint on these boys today and glad I could get a little closer to my goal. 


I guess that's the end of Challenge XI for me. It's been fun. 
A word of advice, when the builder says to you in April "It will all be done in two months", don't believe him. We're fast approaching a year now and so much more 1:1 scale modelling to be done....
Cheerio!





7 comments:

  1. Great looking Savage Orcs, John! I too usually paint in 5s. My squirrel brain can't handle any more than that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work on these Orcs. Wouldn't these be your second Squirrel? Your Spanish troops also count as one Squirrel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done, John- 8 skullz as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well they are pretty green. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It isn't easy being green, as a famous frog once sang,lovely work on these savage orks, is there really another kind?
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely work. I work in base 8 when painting.

    ReplyDelete