Friday 21 January 2022

From DougM: A Mixed Bag Magical Planetary Spin Cycle... [Arda] [Vulcan] [Babylon 5] [Istvaan 5] [Glorantha] (242 Points)

Continuing my circuitous route round the outer ring, the next planet is Arda, Fantasy... or Tolkienesque. I have a few lurking fantasy figures in the Stash, this one I have no idea where from, was an impulse eBay buy along with another 11 mates. 

I hate close ups of single figures. They always show you all the flaws... sadly most of this post is single figures. 

 

Having just completed some complex colour schemes, (see below), I kept this one very simple, three shades of blue and various 'whites' plus metallics.

Next up a hop, skip and a jump to Vulcan via Lady Sarah's Star Yacht, with Jo Grant as the price:


Did someone say 'Pointy Ears'? Alternative Armies... this chap is more like 40mm and has splendid trousers. 


And now Babylon 5, and could there be anything more Operatic than the uniforms of Austrian Hussars? Hum the Radetzky March and enjoy the jingle of silvered bits and gloriously laced pelisse. The 7th Hussars. Perry plastic 28mm Austrian Napoleonic Hussars. I started these and kicked myself realising I could have spray painted and washed 18 WW2 GI in Greatcats for the same points..  30+ colours later.







Pretty happy with these. But no more Hussars for a while...  Where to next.. ok. Istvaan V - Loyalists...  and who could be more loyal than the ever dependable Sergeant Benton!



There's a bit of a theme developing here. I had better make sure there is something in the stash for Skaro!

Next up Glorantha, and not having any ducks or Broo to hand, how about this hero? My favourite Doctor.
 

Figure originally by Harlequin I think. Collected as part of a job lot over time...  and I think that's it for the time being...  Scoring - let's see.

5 x 28mm Single Figures @ 5 = 25 (Although big ears is more like 40) 
9 x 28mm Mounted @ 10 = 90
5 x Locations @ 20 = 100
Lady Sarah's Star Yacht @20 = 20

For a total of 235 I think? 

And 4 squirrel points to add to my previous 1 for a total of 5. 



From DaveD
Jeez I am dizzy with that whirl around the rim..thats a bounce around alright - I have topped up the lad with fine trousers for his mighty stature . I do like the Opera link for the Hussars i can almost hear them singing . Your favourite Doctor is indeed the correct choice - lights blue touch paper...
Altogether the Spreadsheet-O-Doom makes that a nice  not rounded "242"
 
 









14 comments:

  1. Whoooh! That was quite a ride - I thought that Imperial cruiser might catch us, but you outran it!

    Lovely figures. Doug! :)

    "...could there be anything more Operatic than the uniforms of Austrian Hussars?"

    Yes! The uniforms of Seven Years War Russian hussars! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots to love here in the wide ranging post. But those Hussars really take the cake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous hussars, I've got them primed but I don't think they'll make it into the challenge, or more likely I'll start and fail to finish them! Apart from the splendid hussars, the elves are nice and the Dr Who figures are excellent, not sure if he's my favourite, I always think of the doctor with a big scarf and hat!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry, the 4th Doctor is in the stash and already started!

      Delete
  4. Now, that’s quite a journey in just a single post. Very well done on all of them but I especially like your 40mm Gaul. Very Asterix like

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was an impressive zing around the outer rim!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice minis, the hussars look suitably magnificent.

    Unless I missed a previous post, I'm not sure where you are getting the 4 squirrels to be honest.
    I see 1 squirrel for the hussars, but neither the Doctor Who minis (15 points from the necessary 25), nor the fantasy minis (10 of 25) score enough to count. The location bonuses aren't included when hunting squirrels I'm afraid. You can certainly top up the Doctor Who and Fantasy minis in a later post to grab the points if you want to though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops, I missed that rule, but that's ok, plenty more where they came from, thanks for that Stuart...

      Delete
  7. My head is spinning from the relativistic speed with which you traversed the Outer Rim. Really like those Hussars!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well that was a mixture of figures! Damn fine painting Sir!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both your dolmans and your pelisses look great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Doug:
    Those Hussars are bloody good, be proud that you took the high road and painted them so well, that’s all that matters.
    Cheers, MikeP

    ReplyDelete
  11. Quite a lot of quite a lot, nice tour, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great work, particularly the hussars!

    ReplyDelete