Friday 21 January 2022

From JohnE - 28mm Devil - [Istvaan V] - 25 Points

Years ago when my friend was learning digital sculpting, he told me he made me something and it was in the mail. This is what came. It's based on a wood carving from the Reformation showing the Devil playing a monk's head as bagpipes. I'm planning on using it as a Lovecraftian Servitor for 7TV Pulp. Hopefully this counts as heretical.


The Original Artwork










Points Summary: 

1 x 28mm foot @ 5 points = 5 points

Istvaan V (Outer Ring) bonus = 20 points

Total = 25 points

From DaveD

That's a dark figure alright , though he's wearing some dandy threads by the look of it. Another 25 to good.



15 comments:

  1. Well I’ve seen nose flutes but never a nose bag pipes. Excellent work on this odd figures, looks right of medieval marginalia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's certainly a very different figure, John! Nice painting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Splendid diabolical piper!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow. I TOTALLY want one of those! I love it, and your brushwork is spot on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well that's suitably horrifying!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol that would explain the sound bagpipes make. Very nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great stuff -- that'll be giving me nightmares!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It’s ok - I don’t need to sleep tonight…

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am only wondering how it took you years to start painting this? :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The stuff of nightmares beautifully painted!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Straight out of Paosolini’s Canterbury Tales! Such a unique sculpt, lovely.
    The old medievalist in me approves.
    Cheers, MikeP

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's certaily something you don't see every day! Great work!

    ReplyDelete