Friday 21 January 2022

From Codsticker: Warriors of Rohan (80pts)

Back to my main drive for this challenge: my pile of unpainted LoTR plastics from GW. This time a number of Rohirrim, some armed with bows some with hand weapons.


I believe they are known as Oathsworn Militia in the catalogue. It's been so long since I read the books I don't know if the term comes from Tolkien or if it is a GW invention.


When trying to work your way through several hundred minis it's probably best to cut a few corners though I did struggle a bit with that.


I loved painting these figures.


I tried to get them done for last Saturday but just missed the deadline by a day.



That is 16, 28mm figures @5 pts each= 80 pts. 

Next up... another ECW distraction.

From Millsy:

Very nice indeed Rob! You often see these miniatures painted in variations of greens (which isn't a bad thing) but I've always thought a more muted dark age earthy palette is equally if not more appropriate given the landscape they hail from. They have a solid, effective feel too them, like they will always get the job done no matter what the risk or challenge. The basing sets them off very well too.

Great stuff mate and 80 points well earned.


14 comments:

  1. These are cool, great choice of colour palette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work Rob, they are really sharp looking

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work I. The Rob, really like the palette you’ve used

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oathsworn is not Tolkien I’d hazard, but they look great nevertheless!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done, I like the colors you have chosen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely brush work on those LotR mini's Byron

    ReplyDelete
  7. The muted colours work really well, lovely work!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  8. HibRob:
    I have a real soft spot for Rohirrim and totally echo what Millsy and the test have said, your choice of palette is spot on, brilliant work.
    Cheers, MikeP

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are fantastic...and helpfully inspiring for a little LOTR project of my own...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful work on my favourite Rohirrim.

    ReplyDelete