Friday 21 January 2022

From GrahameH. 15mm Cold War British (52 pts)


My first post for this challenge. I had intended to really go for it this year and chose a target of 3000 pts. However, it didn’t work out the way I hoped. Nevertheless, I have managed to get something painted.

These 15mm British Cold War bits have been waiting to be painted for nearly a year, and while I had originally intended to paint a new army during the challenge, I looked at all the part painted armies and decided to try and get some of these finished instead.

So completing my British Cold War Army are 2 Wombats in in land rovers for my Rapid Fire Para Battalion. These are 15mm from Army Bits




15mm British Wombat and Land Rovers (22pts) (6 crew and 2 vehicles)
 
Some more Cold War British Again 15mm and from Army Bits. An Rapier AA Battery. There are 2 crew and I have costed each stand as a gun so (14pts)



Next a 15mm 3d print of a Samaritan Ambulance from Butler Models. I not sure how this actually fits into the army but it was “shinney” and I wanted it (8pts).




And finally completing my British Army of the 1980s, or rather my Royal Marine Battalion, a Viking and cargo trailer (8pts). A 15mm 3d print again from Butler Models.






And that is it. My first post completed and my British Cold War Army completed as well.

From DaveD 
Welcome under the wire Grahame - What better on the eve of potential Russian hostilities than a reminder of the good old days of the Cold War, That's a interesting collection of unusual vehicles alright  my favourite is the ambulance - because I likes it!  You are 52 points to the good .



15 comments:

  1. Welcome back, Grahame! I'm sure you can still make your original 3000 point target despite the slow start! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just made it in time Grahame with some lovely Cold War stuff

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cracking models Grahame, great paint job as ever and another new period for you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely cold war BAOR vehicles, very nice!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome Grahame. Fine collection of Cold War kit. I agree with your rati9nale on the ambulance!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice work Grahame. As others have noted, your reasoning on the ambulance is something we can all relate to!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A cool looking bunch of models. One gotta love all that 80‘s goodness

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the simplicity of the colour scheme The camo looks great

    ReplyDelete
  9. You should have used the ambulance for entry to the planet Vulcan, because your rationale is completely logical!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice start to the challenge, and an army finished as well. Great stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice work Grahame. Would love to know your thoughts on Butler's Printed Models.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice work Grahame, glad you squeezed in.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very nice British kit, Grahame. The Wombat with the recoilless was an odd best indeed.
    Great work and glad you made it aboard.
    Cheers, MikeP

    ReplyDelete
  14. Welcome, slow start is better than no start! And these pretty minis finish your army very nicely, good job! It is always good to have an ambulance nearby while wargaming.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think the ambo is a necessity!

    ReplyDelete