Friday 21 January 2022

From JohnE - 28mm Flak 36 - 40 Points

Here's an Empress Flak 36 with a Luftwaffe crew that I did up as a mid to late war version for Chain of Command. Normally I loathe the thought of assembling a metal gun for the Second World War, but this one was almost delightful. It helped that the crew have zero kit and I believe were sculpted by Paul Hicks.

While photographing this I struggled a lot with both depth of field and white balance. So much so that I dug out my Panasonic Lumix and ordered a larger backdrop - fingers crossed for future endeavors.










Points Summary:

1 x 28mm artillery piece @10 points = 10 points

6 x 28mm foot @ 5 points = 30 points

Total = 40 points


From DaveD. 
Always good to see an 88. That ubiquitous piece of German kit that every WW2 gamer has. That’s a grand recreation and must be challenge to deal with . 40 points it is 


15 comments:

  1. That's a dirty great big crew served weapon,I know they don't make sense for 28mm figures but they ,and certainly this one, sure look good!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy cow, great stuff. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent work on this beast. Love the choice of uniforms and basing too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks fabulous John! The blue Luftwaffe uniform turned out nicely. Painted the same set a few years back as SCW Legion Condor and indeed these are Paul Hicks sculpts.
    I see you‘re missing half the trailer though? Not enough room on the vignette?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! It was a function of space but also, embarrassingly, I have a second 88 from another manufacturer that I am doing in Panzer Grey. I'll be using the other limber for it.

      Delete
  5. Fantastic. I love the big vignette approach and the basing is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. very nice work, It's a big beastie too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a pretty one, I especially like the ground work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is brilliantly done! Excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That’s a beast of a gun, very well painted and based. It will give some allied tankers a bad day!
    Cheers, MikeP

    ReplyDelete
  10. That generous base works really well.

    ReplyDelete