Friday 21 January 2022

From MikeD. 10mm ACW Terrain and Commands (36 pts)

In last year's Challenge I painted some 10mm ACW figures, my first foray into tiny scales. I think I got about 60 foot done. Since then I've gotten up to about 600, which adds up to about 100 bases of each side (I'm intending to use Regimental Fire and Fury). So by the time this years edition kicked off I was focused on trying to get them on the table. I found some scenarios I could actually do with such a paltry few figures and I'm still in the process of getting terrain together. Also going to need some command stands and markers, etc. I've gone with Brigade command with one mounted figure and Division command with two each. This entry is pretty much what I was working on when the Challenge began and were completed during that first week. 






I've just ordered a ludicrously expensive set of Gettysburg buildings in this scale including the Lutheran Seminary so perhaps you'll see those by the end of the Challenge, and I've figured out just the perfect toothpicks to use to make snake rail fencing, so we'll see how that goes too.



For scoring purposes, it's:
  • 8 x 10mm Mounted @ 2pts = 16 pts
  • 1 x  6'' x 6'' box of terrain = 20 pts
Total = 36 pts


From Millsy:

At first glance I these look like 15mm scale stuff Mike they are painted so well. The farm buildings are particularly impressive, weathered to perfection and painted in just the right mix of earthy tones. It would be great to see some pics of what sounds like quite an impressive collection mate, so if you do any more of these this Challenge can we see some of the rest please?



12 comments: