Saturday 19 March 2016

From MilesR - 41st Canadian Regiment (182 Points)

This may be my final "big" entry into this years challenge - the Canadian 41st infantry regiment from the War of 1812 in 28mm scale.  All 36 figures are from Front Rank and where a joy to paint.  As I've mentioned in earlier posts, Front Rank is giving the Perry's a good challenge for my "favorite miniatures" spot.  I still think it's the Perry's, but we gamers can be so fickle!

The 41st fought in most of the major actions along the Niagra front, including Lundy's Lane.

Lets see 36 figures plus 2 flags should come out to 182 points so a mini point bomb here - lets call it a "bomblette".

I'll have one or two small things to post tomorrow and that will bring this year's challenge to an end for me.  More thoughts on that with my final submission.





Oh, now, that's a right proper regiment, both in size and nationality! Fabulous work Miles. As I've said before, I find the Front Rank sculpts a bit too well-fed but they are still superb models and you've done them proud here. Is this unit going to see action in your upcoming Historicon event?

13 comments:

  1. Nice bomblet Miles - very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Splendid regiment. Absolutely "Spanking" in red.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent final submission. Been a good contest with you this winter

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent regiment - have we seen more Canadians painted in this challenge than ever before? Jolly good work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love flashy uniforms and large regiments. Great painting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. a propoer big battallion - very nice Miles..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great work Miles. I believe that the 41st was a British Regiment stationed in Canada, but we'll take credit for them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done that man, tally ho!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice work, Miles! They look like they have a purpose! That is a big regiment, and those banners really pop! ;)

    ReplyDelete