Saturday 19 March 2016

From RayR - Donnybrook Moorish Horse (100 Points)


Entry no 7, I only just finished these last night, even though I started painting them back in January.

These are quite handy because I can use them for 2 periods. Firstly for my Donnybrook 1680's Tangiers, shenanigans and secondly what I originally bought them for El Cid and the Spanish Reconquista.


They're Gripping Beast figures that I've had for probably 10 years???? So I'm really pleased that I've got them done. I do need a few more as for Donnybrook they need to be in units of either 9 for Recruits, 6 for Drilled or 3 for Elite.



Very nice Ray, I really like these Moors. They look like pretty hefty models - lots of feed and dates in their parts. :) Your variation in clothing does a nice job in breaking up the similarity in poses. As you say, they will serve you well, being able to work in a wide variety of settings. Well done!

25 comments:

  1. Well done Rat. I know these figures well, and you've painted them up nicely. Great repurposing of the figures too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rat....Rat? Who's Rat when he's at home!

      Delete
    2. Sorry Ray! Damn auto correct. If I meant to insult you, you'd have known it!

      Delete
  2. Nice work I like these a lot

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work Ray. Is this a slow-torrent sandbag we see?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish! I'm sitting at the paintdesk now with more Moors........but I need some sleep!

      Delete
  4. Nicely done! Are these Sedge Moors by any chance? I just thought you'd be staying with a theme.
    ; )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good looking Moors Ray. I like splashes of colour.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nicely painted, I know nothing about Donnybrook and whilst it sounds like a battle in the south of Scotland, I suspect it wasn't if the Moors were involved :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Without a doubt these are the best thing you have painted all challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very good work Ray
    I'm currently looking to paint some Moors as my gaming group is now playing Crusades. Yours are an excellent source of painting inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the mixture of colors, Ray! I can see them giving your shore parties a bit of bother! ;)

    ReplyDelete