Sunday 20 March 2022

From SimonM: Xenomorphs (10 points)

For my final post I thought I'd remain on LV426, and submit a few more of the 15mm metal Xenomorphs I own by "Ground Zero Games".The figures are available as code SG15-X01 from their Stargrunt Infantry range, and come in packs of six figures (consisting of two alternative sculpts).


Due to using the models for some homemade rules, the models were super-glued onto either a medium or small-sized plastic “Flames Of War” stand by “Battlefront Miniatures”, and primed using two layers of “Citadel” Abaddon Black. The extra-terrestrials were then dry-brushed with “Vallejo” Heavy Bluegrey, before being given a double-helping of “Citadel” Nuln Oil in order to help tone down their highlights and better blend them in.


Hopefully this last AHPC entry will provide:

5 x 15mm Xenomorphs = 10 Points

Total = 10 Points; and take me over my target tally of 500 Points in total.


_____________________________

It wouldn't be a Challenge close without a study-in-black post by Simon. :) These xenomorphs look suitably slick and nasty, but in the appropriate way for a slick and nasty xenomorph. I also like how their based with the glossy surface accentuating the creatures themselves. Great work Simon, and well done on making your target on your last post. Economical and efficient - bravo.

- Curt

7 comments:

  1. I was missing my regular dose of a Nuln Oil. Excellently yucky looking xenomorphs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that glossy finish on the figures- it makes them look a bit... you know... slimy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a slick black! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very slimy and good looking additions to your collection!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done on meeting your target.

    ReplyDelete