Sunday 20 March 2022

From AdamC: last minute projects (70points)

Well I was able to get in some brush time today and just finished a few almost finished projects perhaps enough to hit my target.
Here are some Irish slingers for Saga. I got a box of plastic Irish from Wargamers Atlantic. I had hoped to get one or two units of slingers out of the box but got 7 figures that would work, sort of... Disappointing.  
Don't get me wrong the miniatures are great and I have a bunch more to paint that I will get good use out of but I needed slingers. 
This is John Alden (Jr I believe) from my friend Dave's game Devil in the Wilderness check it out it's sort of horror in Colonial American but adapts well to other settings.
I added the musket so John here is well armed.
Great detail on the figure Dave used to reenact the King Phillips War so he knows the gear and clothing of the period.
Finally two female figures from the bones line from reaper a Foxwoman and anti-Paladin (I assume a person with a succubus shield is an anti-Paladin.
They are two nice figures and will work nicely for Frostgrave.
I'd like to  ask Lady Sarah for a lift home as heading to another planet is pointless at this stage. So 7 Irish slingers, 1 colonial witch hunter 1 Foxwoman and 1 anti-Paladin. 10 25/28mm figures for 50 points and maybe an additional 20 Sarah's yacht for 70 points. 

Thanks for a great challenge.

Well done, Adam. I particularly like the Colonial American figure. A bit of horror would fit the period well. What's the issue with the slingers? Are there not enough bits in the box?

Barks

9 comments:

  1. Exactly Barks not enough in the box. 5 slingers and 5 guys throwing rocks (which aren't the same thing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Gripping Beast Dark Ages Warriors box set come with hands with slings- perhaps you could source some from some one who hasn't used theirs?

      Delete
    2. I had considered getting one but decided to go with the Irish box set I do regret it though the figures are excellent

      Delete
  2. Awesome! An extra musket is always a good thing. I’m sure John will be thankful for the upgrade!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice last minute jobs, Adam. John looks great and the setting sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete