Sunday 20 March 2022

From DavidB: Angels of Death (90 points)


Guess I have been away from the brushes too long or the butterflies and squirrel wrangling went awry! I have been removing various squads from my desk all week while painting( all of em), till only a few stalwarts remained.

The Rez Dogs version two( Orlocks) and the small squad of House 4 Mercs will hopefully be completed by Wednesday morning for Adepticon.
So moving on from the incomplete, below are what I did complete.



Inceptors are true " Angels of Death" with their packs and Gravis Armour they strike by entering a planet's atmosphere from space like Heinlein's Starship Troopers( the book not the movie). Being jump troops, they deepstike and bounce around better than the classic marine jump troops. These primaris marines have guns not swords!


Since the suppressors had bad fortune with the GW flight stands, these fellows were pinned right away onto scatter terrain. The base theme for the Iron Snakes is a ruined temperate Imperial World and the Iron Snakes are there to take it back.


Some dual fisted plasma inceptors join the above squad. Minimum squad size is 3 but can be pushed out to 9 which is not friendly at all. The squad above vaporized Razor's Fellblade in one round of shooting. They have more than earned their colors and bases!


They were primed black and the jump pack engines were painted up to a layer of yellow to show the exhaust heat.


Some flame toting Aggressors. These fellows are usually around my Gravis Captain and dealing with Sanguinary Guard, terminators, and other Blood Angel elite. The three are really good at hanging on and dealing back damage to the Blood Angels.  Six more would be nice, but rude! 

From a black undercoat and using my new grey paints! 


They are so useful, my White Scars got a trio too. This squad is sporting the White Scar upgrade sprue and have bolters mounted to the gauntlets and missile racks.


These fellows will target a flank or hold the center. I plan to build my White Scars as a movement force not a gun line.



I like how the Aggressors have a ponderous heavy look to them. The Inceptors have wonderful animation in their heavy armor and were a lot of fun in selecting their angles pinning them to their bases. My favorites are the bolter inceptor rocketing forward and the plasma inceptor blasting an unseen foe as the recoil pushes him backwards. They are giants even among the primaris marines as seen with veteran intersessor.

I do miss the classic marine terminators and assault squads, but these new units are capable and worthy as well as looking pretty cool. I will be adding some Inceptors to the White Scars. The new bikes are nice but max squad size is three. Space Mongols need a herd so I will be looking for the classic bikers at Adepticon...and some classic assault marines, maybe a whirlwind tank...

The Iron Snakes have only two squads of Intersessors left primed and a talon flyer and terminus ultra tank. I did not get to my airbrush this year, so the latter two will wait for the next challenge when the airbrush will be my priority. I'm too close now to finishing the second Iron Snake battalion and Razor has fought the unpainted for too long! 


12 Angels of Death for 100 points
Plus another 34 skulls to add to the tally


I missed my target, but it was a lot of fun crossing brushes with you all once again. Thank you very much Curt and Lady Sarah! I will see you all in the comments. I will also try to take some Adepticon photos this week too. It still feels unreal being home and not deployed. I was going to remain home with how the world seems intent burn, but my wife and friends are "forcing" me to go this year. I've been given an allowance and told to be quiet and have fun, so.....;)

 


Fantastic work, David! It's been great having you on Team Tuesday for this Challenge.

I'm not sure how you got o 100 points though, as you didn't include an explanation. I count 6 foot @ 5 and 6 flying (count as mounted) @ 10, which comes to a total of 90 points. If I've missed something, please let me know in the comments and I will adjust it.

Tamsin

15 comments:

  1. Massive effort. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Bruce! I fell just a touch short!;)

      Delete
  2. Well those are off the wall and off the floor! Great work, lousy math! Always enjoyable to see your frenzied brain at work David.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Peter! I shall blame the early rise( 0230 for a workday) and low caffeine levels for the math. Now to tidy up the man cave and prep for vacation...well after work and honey-dos!

      Delete
  3. That is a beautiful white on the Space Mongols armour. Wonderful idea to mount the Interceptors on scenic bases too- looks great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The contrast paint for white was a nice lesson for this tour. I try to learn something new and do something different each outing. The scatter terrain for flight stands was born from sheer frustration at the wonkiness of it all. I had to figure a stable platform to use decent troops besides being flat-footed on bases.

      Delete
  4. Thank you very much for the cat herding on Tuesdays ,Tamsin! I neglected to remove my boots when multiplying and we all see how that went! I'm caffinated and at work now! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries! Have a great time at Adepticon! :)

      Delete
  5. These are so well done! Have fun at Adepticon and make sure to spend all your ‘allowance’!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some proper Marines and do enjoy Adepticon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant work Dave! Love those jump pack troops, especially with the bespoke terrain bases (very clever). Personally I'm glad you're home and plotting a trip to Adepticon as opposed to another deployment. Let the new blood deal with those shenanigans - you can roll dice and paint figures. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. watch all spanish daramas here in HD quality ·doramas online

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good looking additions to your force, David! Have fun at Adepticon!

    ReplyDelete