Sunday 20 March 2022

From StuartL - Nearly At The Finishing Line - Lady Sarah's Star Yacht and Arrakis (95 Points)

The clock is ticking and there are still minis to paint, however I do have time to post up a few minis while I wait for some paint to dry.

Continuing with finishing off minis that were being considered for the planets, I need to take a quick trip to Arrakis. As I need to keep racking up the frequent flyer miles for the Star Yacht, I have another female mini to pay for my ride.


This clerical looking figure comes from Reaper Bones and has been painted up in simple colours. To add some detail I painted a sun symbol on her back. In Dungeons and Dragons, one of the good deities is Pelor, God of the Sun. His clerics travel the world helping people and curing the sick.


So with payment made, it's time for my second visit to Arrakis. Following the theme of Desert this time, I have painted up some Arabian type warriors for Saga, Age of Crusades.


These minis are from Gripping Beast and were pretty easy to paint. Unlike their Viking and Saxon boxes, the Arab set is pretty plain as far as options go. That said, you can still put together a few different types of warriors, having choices for spears, javelins, swords and bows.


There are 14 of these in total. I had a lot more primed up, but these ones were the only models with the basing materials applied, so the rest will have to wait until a future challenge.

So, for 15x 28mm models I should score 75 points, plus an additional 20 for a trip on the Yacht.

One more post to go, fingers crossed I can get everything done before the deadline.



Nice lady and Arabs, Stuart!

Tamsin

7 comments:

  1. Nice work Stuart, I’ve enjoyed your work this year. I like the colours on the Arabs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice earthy colour choices for the robes on the Arabs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sun detailing on the cleric is a nice touch, particularly for the first day of Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great choice of natural colours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice cleric and good looking mob of Arabs!

    ReplyDelete