Sunday 20 March 2022

From StuartL - The Final Whistle - Lady Sarah's Star Yacht & Noel's Comet - 155 Points

Hello all,

It looks like I have just enough time for one final post before the challenge comes to a close. So without further ado, here are my final models for Challenge XII.

Last time around I was on Arrakis, but I need to be back at Noel's Comet, so another trip on the Star Yacht is called for. For my ticket price, I offer this evil female warrior, courtesy of Reaper Bones.


A quick and easy paint job as most of the model is clad in plate armour. The relief on the front of the shield is meant to be a succubus or something, so you know this fighter is a baddie. (Or the shield has really good stats and the character doesn't care about the obviously evil design).


So, off we go to Noel's Comet. My entry for the comet was a Lizardman warrior that I had bought years ago, sold to a friend and it had then come full circle back to me via another friend.. Along with the original GW Lizardmen, my friends had added some of the newer versions of the models between the time I sold them off and bought them back. So, here are some of the models that my friends had added in the meantime.


In total I finished off 21 of these guys. They are all based individually for use in skirmish games.


I also built a movement tray for them to use in big battle games. If you read my original Noel's Comet post you may recall that I am working on some simple rules for playing games with one of my close gaming buddies.


To decorate the base I found this old stone head that looked like it was from the jungle. I think it is from a company called Grendel.


At the back corner of the base is a dice tray that I can use for my own rules or even for representing ranks and files if I want to use these minis for Warhammer Fantasy Battles.

And that's me about done for this year. I'd like to thank Curt for organising this challenge and PeterD for minioning for me this year. Thanks to everyone who commented on my posts and a huge thank you to everyone for all the beautiful models your painted and the awesome atmosphere throughout the challenge.

Okay, one final model to post up. I find myself stuck on a comet with no more painting to do, so it's time to call upon Lady Sarah's Star Yacht one last time. 


This model is from Wyrd Games and is part of their Malifaux game.


So, for my final post and my final score.
23x 28mm models for a total of 115 Points.
2x trips on the Star Yacht for 40 bonus Points.
A grand total of 155 Points.

Plus there are 4 skulls on the Lizardmen bringing my closing skull duel tally to 136 Skullz


__________________________________

What a wonderful way to conclude your Challenge, Stuart. Both of the female figures are terrific, thought I think the swordswoman in the blue dress is my favourite. I also like that you've revisited your Lizardman army with some additional recruits - I love the whole story behind that army

Thank you for being with us again this year, Stuart, and for serving as Squirrelfinder General (no easy task, that). In nine months I will look forward to seeing you in the ranks for our 13th edition, and who knows, perhaps I can convince you to serve as a Minion. *Laughs Maniacally*  :) 

- Curt


11 comments:

  1. Thanks for having me on the challenge again, Curt. I don't know whether to be proud or terrified that you are considering me for minioning duty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stuff Stuart - those lizards, they are superb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice finish, Stuart! Appears the lizards went scouting and returned to camp with volunteers! ;)
    I like the sword ladies especially the one in the gown, she frightens me more than the one in armor! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great to see more of the lizardmen horde Stuart. You’ve had a great challenge

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nicely done Stuart! My goodness the lady with the sword is intimidating!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good work on the lizardmen!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Stuart:

    What a strong and scaly finish! I've greatly enjoyed watching your progress through this challenge, especially as a fellow lizardphile. Now if only someone did some 6mm lizardmen in Napoleonic uniforms! (OOOhh, there's an idea).
    Cheers, MikeP

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pair of beauties and horde of lizards, well done Stuart! The lady in blue looks good, but the one with succubus shield is very nice, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great looking sword wielding ladies and some neat lizardmen!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete