Sunday 20 March 2022

From StephenS: Spanish Scutarii [Caprica] (50 points)

 G'day,

My final post of the challenge isn't a massive points bomb that will see me hit my target for this year (the shame...) but another step on the road to completing a project that I have been working on (usually when the challenge rolls around each year) for the last 7 years. Only two units to go and it will be finished!



A unit of Spanish Scutarii that will be serving in my slow growing Carthaginian Army. These guys certainly gave the Romans a few nasty ambushes over the years, both under Hannibal and afterwards, but were ultimately doomed to be crushed and incorporated into the Roman Republic and Empire. So they meet both descriptions for the planet Caprica.



The basing has suffered from my attempts to get it finished on time, and I realised I need to go back and paint some designs on the shields to match my other units, but I'm calling it.



There are 6 x 28mm metals from Warlord Games and a planet bonus for 50 points.

A huge thank you to Curt and all the minions for putting on another fantastic challenge by giving up so much of your own time to look after us and our posts. As always, it has been an absolute pleasure to participate. 

Cheers,

Steve


From PeterD

Great looking Scutari Stephen, it's always nice to see some ancients.  Carthaginians in 25mm (showing my age there) were among my earliest wargaming projects.  Nice colours and stripes on the tunics and the basing looks great to me.  Hope to see you back next year.

10 comments:

  1. These are great, both paint and basing. Fabulous. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like both the basing and the trim on the tunic- great looking unit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work on the Spaniards, Steve! They are a bright and colorful bunch, I figured they just grabbed some fresh equipment from the smithy or arms room before the final detailing was complete. After all, can't lie about while Romans are marching through! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very good colours on these Steve!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful looking Scutarii, Steve. I love those big, massed-figure bases.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good looking models, Steve! The basework is brilliant!

    ReplyDelete